< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 2011 Nebraska Big Bucks Classic March 25-27th  (Read 1536 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
2011 Nebraska Big Bucks Classic March 25-27th
« on: March 02, 2011, 09:36:07 AM »
I see this was a topic for last month's board meeting, but can't find where any info has been posted.

Is the NFOA going to be involved in this again this year?

Will the NFOA be raffling a gun?  Is there a table reserved? 

It's only 3 1/2 weeks away.

http://www.nebraskabigbuckclassic.com/index.html

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: 2011 Nebraska Big Bucks Classic March 25-27th
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »
We have been registered.  As far as a raffle item that is still up in the air, we discussed giving away getting a deer mount done, have not found anyone who could donate such.  Any Ideas?

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 10:42:49 AM »
Do we have to raffle something tangible?  How 'bout if a member business were to put up a service like the  deer mount or a year range membership, or hit up cabela's, scheels or one of our members for non FFL items like scope/rangefinder package or ground, tree blind. something  a hunter could use and take home that day/ final day.
( not sure about this venue, but a chance for free CCW class would prolly go over good right now, as interest seems to be up.)  I learned in the auto repair business, giving away labor/service is cheaper than parts.
Do we have any 'friends' in the G&P system for permits? I know fella I'll see what policy is.
Just thinking out loud as I know we could use to raise some funds, and am thinking of low cost ways of getting there.
Heck, we could offer up a free lifetime membership to the NFOA for $1 tickets  ;D >:D :angel1:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:14:54 AM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »
Bull, some good ideas, unfortunatly we are giving away free liftime memberships to the NFOA to everyone that stopps by and sees us at the booth, but there are some other items that could work.  Unfortunatly we are to close to the event to get anything from the big stores like Cabella's ect. (they require time for corporate approvial) but if there is someone else with a hunting item or package of items that would be great.  Unfortunatly most of the board has been so tied up in the Legislature the last couple of months we have not had the time to do allot here, if a member would like to work on coming up with something or has something let me know and I will work with them to make it happen.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: 2011 Nebraska Big Bucks Classic March 25-27th Raffle package
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 10:18:51 PM »
The NFOA Big Buck Classic Raffle package thus far:

Bushnell Outback set. Scout 1000 ARC Rangefinder (w/ bow and rifle modes), 10x42 Sportsman binocular, and a Backtrack GPS digital compass. Over $400 value!   8)
( sorry not a pro with the camera, but I do my best)
I believe we may get a NFOA tshirt thrown in.

(Any other member/ member business want to throw anything into the hat?)
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 06:20:38 AM »
Who won?
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 09:02:29 AM »
Don't worry Rick the winner was not you (I threw your tickets away).

The Winner was Curt Frost of Omaha, I will try to get a picture of our winner up tonight.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 10:17:59 PM »
What was our final membership sign up numbers for the weekend?

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 10:34:26 PM »
106, haven't gotten a chance to enter them yet but that's the first count.