< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NRA annoyances. Nothing changes with these people!  (Read 3598 times)

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Re: NRA annoyances. Nothing changes with these people!
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 02:38:09 AM »
The NRA is annoying with the constant requests for money, trying to scary us with the UN boogey man, and the cheap, ridiculous merchandise.

Well I hate to break it to ya. But the UN boogey man is a real threat! And yes THAT SHOULD SCARE YOU. Besides GOA, and SAF began hammering my email more with tons of warnings regarding the UN boogey man.
Believe me, the UN and world leaders WANT TO BAN ALL GUNS FROM PRIVATE OWNERSHIP. They are doing whatever they can with the help of the Obama Administration and Sec. of State Hillary Clinton to get a treaty going in 2012. This is a fact. Their goal is clear.
If it wasn't for the NRA being the powerful 4 million + member organization that it is we would probably be very close to Great Britain as gun restrictions is concerned (National Registry, Storage Requirements that make guns inoperable, and laws that make it virtually impossible to defend yourself with a gun)

Offline Mikee Loxxer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 04:24:03 PM »
You are right Dan but the way the NRA makes it sound is that the UN can grab our guns independant of the US Congress. That's what I find annoying, implying that there is some kind of "black helicopters" type conspiracy afoot (at least that's how it comes off sounding).

If the US signed onto some kind of "gun ban" treaty that is then ratified by Congress (making it law) then concern would be justified. But implying that the UN can do it alone insults the member's intelligence.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 01:53:14 PM »
This is freakin priceless! Less than one month after receiving my membership card I get a renewal statement. I absolutely loathe the NRA for this very reason. Quit wasting the &*^%#(* money I already sent you trying to get more money out of me. And wait until my membership is more than a month old before starting with the renewal notices. Their wasteful ways are not at all unlike the US government!

Member again after an almost 20 year absence and hating it already ...

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 09:41:22 AM »
This is freakin priceless! Less than one month after receiving my membership card I get a renewal statement. I absolutely loathe the NRA for this very reason. Quit wasting the &*^%#(* money I already sent you trying to get more money out of me. And wait until my membership is more than a month old before starting with the renewal notices. Their wasteful ways are not at all unlike the US government!

Member again after an almost 20 year absence and hating it already ...

They do it because it works. 

As already mentioned, if you want another organization to send money to, check out SAF and their sister organization CCRKBA. 

Or send a check to the NFOA.   ;)
NRA Life Member.