< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Looking for private seller 300-1000 dollar range  (Read 1905 times)

Offline WheresMyJedi

• Forum Member
Looking for private seller 300-1000 dollar range
« on: April 05, 2011, 07:24:34 AM »
Hello everyone I am looking for a private seller. I am looking to spend in the 300-1000 dollar range and i am over the age of 21. If you would like to let me know what you have to choose from and learn more about my situation email me at WSHTF@live.com. Thanks

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Looking for private seller 300-1000 dollar range
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 08:30:14 AM »
Hello everyone I am looking for a private seller. I am looking to spend in the 300-1000 dollar range and i am over the age of 21. If you would like to let me know what you have to choose from and learn more about my situation email me at WSHTF@live.com. Thanks

I'm afraid most here will not sell to you unless you have a NE handgun purchase permit.  I take it that your local Sheriff will not issue one to you?

Referencing your initial post here: http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,2544.msg19110.html#msg19110
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:05:14 AM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 08:38:46 AM »
In fact Nebraska Law requires that even private sales of handguns (If that is what you are looking for) use the hand gun purchase permit or a CCW permit, unless you are law enforcement and show that.

The NFOA does not get involved in private sales; but we also discourage any activity that may not be lawful.

I am going to leave this topic here so that if there is a misunderstanding (original post was kind of vague) it can be corrected, otherwise it will be locked and archived.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 09:31:03 AM »
?Jedi?

My first question after going back to your original post is did you ever go downtown and drop the $5 on a purchase permit application?  If so, what came of it?  From your intitial post, I would think a little paperwork and unfortunately a little cash, should be able to clear up any issues.
I for one would like to know the situation. Maybe someone here could point you in the right direction for assistance. As it stands now, a transaction sounds of questionable legality, which I believe I speak for most, folks here are not interested in.  Also for your sake, I would think it better to be sure any issues are cleared up now, rather than lose it for good future.    I don't mean to jump to conclusions, but as AAllen pointed out, your post was a little vague.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 10:49:01 AM »
I dont think he will qualify for a buy permit.  Something about a diagnosed mental illness...

I believe you will find everything has already been discussed in open forum here at NFOA.  The "search" button is your friend.  Click on the OP name and then click "show posts".

Interesting reading, but scary.

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 11:22:09 AM »
What I find is scary is all the people that jump up and down when the anti's say something stupid without looking further into the facts, then do the same thing themselves.

Haveing a diagnosed mental issue is not something that will automatically disqualify someone from owning or possesing firearms.  There are people that see everything reversed (had a teacher with this problem, caused all sorts of problem driving at night) that is a mental disorder that they need to learn to work around.  Attention Defficit Disorder is a mental problem, it does not stop one from owning or possesing firearms nor do persons with this disorder prove to be a public safety problem.

Yes go back and read the posts, nowhere was it said that he had been denied a purchase nor a purchase permit, and then there would be more information needed because people do get denied that should not.  I was once denied a purchase because someone with a name similar to mine with a similar SSN had a criminal record, I was able to get that fixed.  Perhaps this person is in a similar situation.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 01:03:28 PM »
Well stated Andy. 

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline altheman2

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 04:44:33 PM »
I guess to me this sounds like someone who is new to firearms and a little unsure on how to go about buying one. If you never got introduced to firearms and dont know much about them, it can get confusing, there is alot of misinformation out there about who gets a permit and who can't and how "bad" guns are. Just because you are new to the firearm world doesnt mean your dangerous. I think it is our job to help and inform people like this, not jump all over them before we get the facts. I know it would make me feel better and safer for that matter

Offline altheman2

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 06:27:33 PM »
Jedi

I realized my post didint help you out any. I am assuming that you haven't applied already.  I would highly reccomend just visiting your local sheriff and getting the paperwork for a Firearm Purchase Certificate. I think its about 2 pages long, easy to fill out, just basic information and some yes and no questions and give it back to them with a couple of dollars and wait a couple of days a you get your certificate in the mail in a couple of days. If you get denied i think there is an appeals process. Not sure on how to go about doing that but the people at the sheriffs office are usually very helpfull. If your approved your possibilities are endless and usually you buy one then you have to buy them all!!

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 08:41:57 PM »
to the OP, I think I am going to be selling my HK P2000SK (9mm) here in the next few weeks.  If you can get you purchase permit sorted out, I'd be happy to sell it to you.

and I concur, you should be able to get a permit based on the information you've shared.  I got mine (in lincoln) in about 10 days (I think)

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 05:06:07 PM »
I dont think he will qualify for a buy permit.  Something about a diagnosed mental illness...

That wont prevent it.  I have a diagnosed mental illness, yet I have a CHP, a buy permit, and a security clearance.  Mental illness is still in the "begining to be understood" phase, but there are quite a few "known's" out there now days.  We dont chuck them all into a sanitarium anymore, they are treated.  Not all to be sure, but most.  Mental illness is no longer an impediment to having a normal life or being an average citizen.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX