< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NOTE TO SELF...  (Read 1487 times)

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
NOTE TO SELF...
« on: March 13, 2012, 11:15:20 AM »
NOTE TO SELF --

Close curtains before handling any weapons INSIDE my own home...

Breaking News in Lincoln --

Lincoln police blocked off Plum Street between Ninth and 11th Tuesday morning after firefighters arrived at a home at 10th and Plum to find a man armed with a handgun.

According to scanner traffic, Lincoln Fire and Rescue workers went to check on the man, who had not been to work in a couple of days, and saw him inside the house holding a gun.

Nearby business and a church preschool were locked down during the incident and at 10:55 officers entered the man's garage with guns drawn while an officer stood across the street with a rifle pointed at the house.

Read more: http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/police-close-down-streets-in-standoff-with-armed-man/article_cb9db3e6-df53-5229-9d22-9d9adb79e19e.html#ixzz1p0w51Qyb

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: NOTE TO SELF...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »
I kinda thought about that when I was checking the clarity and distance of my scope after mounting it on my Mosin.  Of course I live in an apartment and had to stand at the balcony doors.  I stayed inside, but afterthought was if someone looked up at that moment in time, I probably would have gotten a visit from Lincoln's finest...

Back to story, I wonder what they will find to charge him with and what their reasoning behind entering home..
History of violence?
Suicidal tendancy?
Mental health ?
or because he was playing hookey from work and had just got back from the range and was cleaning his gun and somebody felt "uncomfortable" ?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »
According the Journal Star, that guy shot and killed himself about 10 minutes after police arrived.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/body-found-after-hour-long-standoff/article_cb9db3e6-df53-5229-9d22-9d9adb79e19e.html
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 07:26:50 PM »
Looks like when he saw police it helped egg him on. He had been gone from work for 2 days already so why didn't he get it done then? This is horrible and my heart goes out to the victims family and friends, nobody should go out in life a quitter.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 07:44:46 PM »
Well, my questions are answered, but now I have more...
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 11:00:57 AM »
Note to self, don't jump to conclusions based on initial news reports.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 04:07:53 PM »
+1