< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Where not to buy guns in Omaha  (Read 4457 times)

Offline rluening

• NFOA Full Member
Where not to buy guns in Omaha
« on: March 28, 2012, 06:36:16 PM »
From http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Task_Force__144718425.html?storySection=story

"Don Hoberman owns Mid-City Pawn and Jewelry and has been in the business for 55 years. More than 15 years ago, he helped change state law and now pawnbrokers can take unregistered guns when they cross their counters.

"If the weapon was not registered you couldn't take it. Well, that's foolishness. If you want it registered you take it and they can’t pick it up until they register it." That change kept a lot of unregistered guns off city streets.

Hoberman thinks the city does a good job of enforcing current gun laws. “If the entire country had the type of gun laws we have in Omaha or Douglas County, it would solve a lot of problems in gun sales."

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Where not to buy guns in Omaha
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 06:46:27 PM »
Maybe his business belongs on the Unfriendly List
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
The store is filled with high priced junk anyway.  If one were looking for a firearm they’d be better off heading north to Sol's. 

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 07:34:58 PM »
I went in there once about 5 years ago.  He had Romanian SKS's priced at $300 when you could buy them anywhere for $99.  Now that everyone has them at $289, he probably has them for $600 or so.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 07:35:12 PM »
Some task force members think that maybe once again, new laws might have to come into play to help deal with this problem.

... because we all know that the entire problem is that there just aren't enough gun laws ...

AAAANYWHO -
There's also a little pawn shop off of Millard Ave (to the west, don't know the street) - he's got decent prices. I bought a 12GA Mossy that I converted to home defense gun for the in-laws. It wasn't in the best of condition but for $75 it made an excellent donor for the project.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:42:29 PM by 00BUCK »

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 08:34:16 PM »
Sounds like he is so anti-gun that he will take anybodys gun and charge a price so high that nobody will ever think of owning one. Gun registration is pointless, I don't have to register a hammer or compound bow whenever I get a new one. Caught myself starting to go off on a rant about how guns are just tools and realized I would be preaching to the choir, so I just hit delete... :-[

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 08:23:03 AM »
When I read it, I liked the quote.  It sounds more like an argument against Omaha passing more gun restrictions and enforcing the existing laws.

I don't care for the existing laws, but I also don't want this new task force used to push new restrictions.