< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Tomorrow is the day  (Read 4696 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Tomorrow is the day
« on: May 14, 2012, 07:19:09 PM »
Please join me tomorrow by voting in the primary election for the candidate of your choice.

I heard today that only 23% of registered voters are expected to cast a ballot in this election, and it disgusts me to think that more than 75% will sit home and ignore the duty they have as citizens to vote their conscience.

It it my sincere hope that all NFOA members will take an active role in the future of our cities, state and country by voting in every election.

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Tomorrow is the day
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:28:50 PM »
We'll run into each other, because I'll be voting.

Offline Poor Man

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 08:30:03 PM »
Very good suggestion Dan ! !      ;D
Most folks who get lost in thought are
stumbling around in unfamiliar territory

Law is not necessarily Justice: nor is Justice necessarily Legal

NRA Life Member; CCRKBA Life Member;Charter Member - Second Amendment Task Force. Member of Gun Owners of America. and, National
Ass'n for Gun Right

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 08:53:29 PM »
I plan on it.  In fact, I make it a point to always take my daughter with me when I vote.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 10:05:26 PM »
I plan on it.  In fact, I make it a point to always take my daughter with me when I vote.

Great Idea BK!!  I truly wish I could do that (the whole in school 50miles away kinda puts a kabosh on it)  It would do our youth good to actually see Ma n Pa excersicing their civic rights duties.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 10:20:59 PM »
I voted a little over 2 weeks ago.  Had to renew the plates on my car, so I was there anyway.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 06:32:58 AM »
Farmer Rick....vote again today...the Libs do it  :)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 07:23:19 AM »
As a registered Independent, there's really no point in going to the primary in Nebraska. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 07:53:25 AM »
There are Non-Partisan ballots, and if you live in a district where there is a Legislature race then it doesn't matter what you are registered as.  University Regents and other positions are also on the Non-Partisan ballots.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 08:30:10 AM »
I was checking on that very thing last night, for myself.  It also seems you can pick a Non partisan- Republican  or Non- partisan Democratic  ballots which allow you to vote on certain races?  Can anyone elaborate on this?  This would be my first primary  :-[

Must I designate a party affiliation?

•No, voters may choose from one of the three statewide parties currently recognized in Nebraska:  Democratic, Republican and Libertarian or they may choose to not affiliate with any party by checking the non-partisan box on the application.
•If you wish to vote in the primary election, where parties choose their nominees for state and county offices, you need to declare your party affiliation. 
•If you register without a political party affiliation, you will receive only the non-partisan ballots at a primary election.
•Non-partisans may designate a party preference at primary elections and receive partisan ballots for the Senate and House congressional races.
•Party designation has no bearing when voting a non-partisan ballot or in the general election.

From the Nebraska Secretary of State Website 
http://www.sos.ne.gov/elec/voter_info.html
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 09:41:03 AM »
i voted.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 11:30:44 AM »
I'm so tired of having people explain to me why they are justified in not voting. I keep getting the same dumb story.

My vote doesn't count

I don't like the candidates

I'm a mushroom

:angry:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:41:54 PM by NENick »

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 11:55:00 AM »
I just got back, polls don't appear to be a popular place. :angry:

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 12:27:13 PM »
Heading out shortly...  Having to tie the vote trip into a lunch trip, then a shopping trip, then who knows what trip....   But the vote part is first...   ;D

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 01:12:41 PM »
I'm so tired of having people explain to my why they are justified in not voting. I keep getting the same dumb story.

My vote doesn't count

I'm a mushroom

With the millions of hunters that buy permits nation wide every year would you believe that only half are registered to vote.  Only half of those vote in a general election, even less in a primary.

With the low voter turnouts there are for any election if we could get those who agree on our agenda to the polls we could make a major change in who is elected.

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 01:18:04 PM »
Voted before work. Most of the candidates will have a website and the good ones will have their stance on the 2nd amendment listed. If they don't talk about it I see that as them avoiding the issue and that will probably result in the loss of a vote or two from the NFOA, I'm sure.  :P

Anyway, happy voting!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 03:50:37 PM »
I'm so tired of having people explain to my why they are justified in not voting. I keep getting the same dumb story.

My vote doesn't count

I'm a mushroom

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't vote hasn't earned the right to complain about the government.

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 04:04:37 PM »
Just got back from the polls.  Wife and I were #148 / #149 out of possible 1,500 registered in precinct.  My simple math puts that at 10%  :angry:
I hope there is a rush after work.....  But I'm not holding my breath...

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Subtleness is not a strength I possess.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:53:34 PM by NE Bull »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 06:53:24 PM »
Our polling place was a new one for us, two precincts sharing a hall in the nearby church. There were quite a few voters coming and going, which was nice for a change.

The ladies running the table made a lot of what I thought was unnecessary mention that my wife and I were new Republicans. ::)(I have been an Independent for 25 years and my wife a former Democrat) Then the tacky lady has to tell me she is a Democrat...I said " how nice for you"  :-X 

Anyway my votes are cast, and I am ready to kick some ass in November
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.