< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Midwest Rifle Master Benefit Challenge  (Read 3821 times)

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
Midwest Rifle Master Benefit Challenge
« on: July 31, 2012, 04:30:37 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Midwest-Rifle-Master-Benefit-Challenge/197013987042365

Last year's event details:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3040163&page=1

March 8-10, 2013

Macks Creek, Missouri (Approximately 5.5 hrs from Lincoln)

$185 per competitor

100-850 yrds, precision rifle competition, with complimentary pistol tables. Everything from threading the needle to high-angle. 200rds rifle, and 150 rds pistol.

After missing last year due to a prior commitment, I am hell bent on going in 2013. It is an individual event, but spotters are allowed on some stages. Onsite camping is available, including 4 full hook-ups. If anyone is interested in going to this and wants to carpool or even team up, feel free to PM me.

A few pictures from last year:

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:32:57 PM by wallace11bravo »

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Midwest Rifle Master Benefit Challenge
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:55:55 PM »
i gotta get my damn rifle to fire first before i start reaching out an touching steel lol.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 03:01:42 PM »
Anyone?

I've started training up for this. Went to ENGC during the husker game so I could have the 600yrd line to myself, shot alot of improvised positions out to 550m, did better than I thought I would. Planning on heading back this weekend sometime and working on transition drills and rapid target engagement.

Thinkin about hitting the next Steel Challenge pistol match to help me warm up.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 05:04:46 PM »
Thinkin about hitting the next Steel Challenge pistol match to help me warm up.

Pro-Am (steel field stages) on Sept 30th, and a Steel Challenge match on Oct 21st.  :)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 05:05:50 PM »
I'd be interested if I had a rifle capable of reaching out to 850 yards.  Well, actually I do, but an 1874 Sharps might get some funny looks.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 08:57:33 PM »
I'd be interested if I had a rifle capable of reaching out to 850 yards.  Well, actually I do, but an 1874 Sharps might get some funny looks.

Do it!  DOOOO IIIIIIT!

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 09:08:32 PM »
That bullet takes a LONG time to get there, but when it finally hits steel 540 grains of lead rings it with authority.   ;D

"Hold on, I have to crank my tang sight up another 80 MOA for the next shot!"

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 06:13:14 AM »
That bullet takes a LONG time to get there, but when it finally hits steel 540 grains of lead rings it with authority.   ;D

"Hold on, I have to crank my tang sight up another 80 MOA for the next shot!"

Do it....and make sure you get it on film.  :)  (Particularly the crowd/RO's reactions...)

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 07:19:38 AM »
You can take my Mauser Brian.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 03:14:18 PM »

Do it....and make sure you get it on film.  :)  (Particularly the crowd/RO's reactions...)
I'll throw in some gas money and pay to see the video.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 01:10:18 PM »
Because of an overwhelming amount of interest, and limited time frames, this match has now been broken down into:

Pro: March 8-10th 2013
Registration starts: 7 December
Early Registration for: Mil, LE, and those who have served as admins at other PRS courses.

Intro: March 16th 2013
Registration starts: 15 December

The courses of fire are the same, but the Intro match will be more relaxed and instructional. They are still both competitions, but only the Pro match counts towards PRS.

Since I am still very new to the civilian competition world, I'll be doing the intro match this year; if I can muddle my spring training commitments to the AR and ANG, if not, then its pro match for me :)

Point of Contact for this match: precisionrifles@gmail.com

You can expect a Friday evening safety briefing, zero range and dinner (provided) as well as the first stage for score. Saturday will be a full day of shooting and Sunday will have a half day of shooting as well as the awards ceremony. There will be a 50/50 Calcutta Friday night, the winner of which will head home with a pocket full of cash.

Some stages will involve physical activity, shooting in natural terrain, high angle shooting, short range targets, long range targets and lots of challenges.

You will need to bring 200 rounds of rifle ammo and 70 rounds of pistol ammo.

You will need a scoped, center fire rifle that you are very familiar with, a pistol, extra magazines for both and a method of carrying weapons and gear safely.

Laser rangefinders are permitted, and in fact, encouraged. Some stages will require you to not use them, but most are fair game.

Any pistol will be acceptable. Rifle may be any caliber up to a 30 caliber projectile with a muzzle velocity at or below 3150 fps.

Bring an open mind, able body and mental sharpness...a calculator would be a good idea too.

Now, the good part; all proceeds from this match will be split between AmericanSniper.org (ASO) and Children's Learning Center (CLC). ASO is a non profit organization who's mission is to get the necessary gear to the men and women on the front line defending our freedom so they can save lives, complete missions and get home safely. CLC is a non profit agency that provides early childhood development instruction and therapy to children with disabilities. These are both great organizations that are making a real difference in peoples lives. Match fee will be $195 per competitor.

If you are interested in ROing/coaching either match, send me an email any time. You will be provided on site lodging in an amazing lodge, food and drink. You will be able to shoot the entire course of fire and have a great time.

If you are interested in helping or sponsoring, send me an email any time. This a is an opportunity to donate to a wonderful cause, support shooting sports and use a charitable tax deduction. Also, if you want to send representatives and demo products, there will be a large, indoor, secure area for displaying items and prime visual space for banners at the entrance to the facility.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »
Just a reminder in case anyone was thinking about going to this; registration starts in 5 days for pro, 13 days for intro. They are expecting slots to fill up fast.

I've been dry firing like crazy and smacking steel to 800m every week for the past month. Just got my last 50 peices of brass fire formed yesterday. I'll be hitting up the range at least one more time this year and will try to go a couple times before the match next spring. I anticipate this being a great learning opportunity.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 05:59:31 PM »
Early heads up for anyone who may be interested.

The dates and other details have not been officially released for 2014 yet, but I have been in contact with the match admin, and it looks like it will be mid-march once again.

As before, if anyone else is interested and would like to carpool, let me know. I am considering going for both the intro and pro matches this year, but it depends on how my schedule works out. As long as the dates do not get moved to interfere with SHOT, the Annual NRA Meeting, or any other big-time trade show, I will be going come hell or high water.

On a related note: if anyone knows of Federal large rifle primers in stock, let me know. Also, DE guns has 175gr SMK in stock, 500 round boxes for a decent price.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 07:46:36 PM »
I'm interested in going, if the dates work out.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2013, 02:22:41 AM »
Update:

Its official, the Midwest Rifle Master match will be held April 11-13 in central Missouri.

We will be opening registration soon, after the Holidays. Keep an eye out here for more details.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
Ok, I'm tentatively in.  Need to wait until it's a little bit closer to make sure it doesn't interfere with work travel for my wife or I.

How many rounds are needed if you do all three days?

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 09:04:58 PM »
Registration opens tomorrow. I already put mine in (ROs from other matches get 24hr head start).

Process: email precisionrifles@gmail.com with your name, contact info, and shirt size.

If you are interested, I would recommend getting your name in soon. It will fill up quickly.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 09:28:28 PM »
I'm really hoping but don't know if I can make it yet.  Hopefully I'll know in a week or two and there will still be some open spots.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 09:44:51 AM »
I'm really hoping but don't know if I can make it yet.  Hopefully I'll know in a week or two and there will still be some open spots.

I would send the email today, and not send the check until I knew for sure. They will have a standby list.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 10:37:27 AM »
Didjya get in?