< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Texas and Louisiana Petitions  (Read 4711 times)

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
  • 2012 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award
Texas and Louisiana Petitions
« on: November 12, 2012, 07:12:21 AM »
From what I can tell, citizens of these two states have started petitions to peacefully secede. As of this morning, I believe more than twenty states have citizens who have started petitions also. My name is on a petition for Nebraska as of yesterday. The person who started the petition from the columbus area and I were texting on Veterans day. We felt the celebration day for veterans would be appropriate in getting this ball rolling from here. Please feel free to sign your name and ask others to participate also. Thanks C

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Texas and Louisiana Petitions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 09:38:06 AM »
Do you have a link?

Offline lneuke

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 02:51:39 PM »
How do you sign it?

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 03:29:47 PM »
Sent to admin NFOA. Didnt want to post without their approval.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 04:58:12 PM »
It was actually 15 States IIRC.  Last night upon checking, signature counts were very very low. Basically it's a bunch of ppl doing typical very-pissed response, but far from critical mass.

Depending on how you interpret the Civil War, the rights of the States to leave the federal contract that is the Constitution is met by force / denied.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline altheman2

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 05:13:03 PM »
yahoo.com has an article on it right on there homepage. Article said TX has 23000 signatures

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 05:56:08 PM »
Post away Chuck...I think the idea is kinda out there, but what the hell have we got to lose
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 08:09:40 PM »
Try this from the Whitehouse.gov site

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 08:13:38 PM »

Yeah, and I noted that, say, Georgia has two petitions there.  One with a capital G and one with a lower case :).  They make'em smart down there (note, spent my teens in the South, got nothing bad to say about'em for the most part).

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline lneuke

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 08:16:14 PM »

I'm not seeing Nebraska on the list yet

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 01:24:17 AM »
How about a petition to remove California, New York, Washington DC, New Jersey, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Oregon, Washington, Florida, New Mexico, Colorado, Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maine, Delaware, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Illinois, Nevada and Hawaii from the United States, withdraw citizenship from all the territories (like Puerto Rico, Guam, etc) and let the real United States become great again. Of course, Red counties have the option to join a close state or start a new state that doesn't give Gov't handouts.

We would have to trade Omaha to Iowa, of course.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 07:55:24 AM »
How about a petition to remove California, New York, Washington DC, New Jersey, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Oregon, Washington, Florida, New Mexico, Colorado, Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maine, Delaware, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Illinois, Nevada and Hawaii from the United States, withdraw citizenship from all the territories (like Puerto Rico, Guam, etc) and let the real United States become great again. Of course, Red counties have the option to join a close state or start a new state that doesn't give Gov't handouts.

We would have to trade Omaha to Iowa, of course.

They can have Omaha, don't even need anything back in trade.   ;)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 08:44:40 AM »
I would have to move then, I don't like Omaha but I'm definitely not living in Iowa..
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 08:54:42 AM »
I would have to move then, I don't like Omaha but I'm definitely not living in Iowa..

Another need for that like button, where did it go.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 11:23:33 AM »
Texas has more than twentyfive thousand signatures. And Louisiana has Eighteen thousand. Nebraska now has Twentyseven. Am I counting on this making a difference? No. Is it a first time in history item that is note worthy? Yes.

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 11:34:01 AM »
Petition for Texas to secede from US reaches threshold for White House response...

An online petition that calls for the State of Texas to withdraw from the U.S. and create its own government on Monday reached the required signature threshold to receive an official response from The White House.  The petition on WhiteHouse.gov asks the Obama administration to "peacefully grant the State of Texas to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own new government." The petition had surpassed 34,000 signatures as of Monday evening.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/12/15117305-petition-for-texas-to-secede-from-us-reaches-threshold-for-white-house-response?lite

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 11:36:16 AM »
Just my .02, I don't think the time is right to be talking secession.  Is it a possibility down the road?  Yes, maybe, as a last resort.  But I don't think the country is lost yet.  Things will probably get worse before they get better, but I believe we can still right the ship.  I'm not ready to give up and write off a large chunk of America.  Secession would be a disaster for both sides.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 12:29:29 PM »
Just my .02, I don't think the time is right to be talking secession.  Is it a possibility down the road?  Yes, maybe, as a last resort.  But I don't think the country is lost yet.  Things will probably get worse before they get better, but I believe we can still right the ship.  I'm not ready to give up and write off a large chunk of America.  Secession would be a disaster for both sides.
I truly doudt enough signatures from a opinion petition will have any serious cause or affect. That being said, I will quote actor Barry Corbin and say, "I would p..s on a spark plug right now if I thought it would make a difference" ! And it has the media talking about it. Are the progressives calling us a bunch of loons like they do for everything they don`t like? Yes! But these are the same people who embraced the occupy pukes that caused so much distruction. Last I`d read, 7500 of those idiots had been arrested.I  just refuse to let that nitwit John Boehner assume that the current president has my ok to cave to him.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:21:41 PM by chuckm »

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 04:43:26 PM »
This ought to fan the fire a little. If this site is real, which do you think our fearless leader would pay more attention to? Keep in mind the NDAA.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/strip-citizenship-everyone-who-signed-petition-secede-and-exile-them/ZbMjcwPf

\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan