< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: How long to wait for CCW permit?  (Read 46914 times)

Offline rudy

• NFOA Full Member
Re: How long to wait for CCW permit?
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2013, 03:19:47 PM »
Rudy...you should be calling now.  The law gives them 45 CALENDER days to issue a permit regardless if later on it must be retracted i.e. found out you are a bad guy.  Hold their feet to the fire (politely of course).....
I called but only got an answering machine.  Left a message--back to the waiting game.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2013, 03:38:30 PM »
I have one student who is being patient and not calling... another that called on day 45 and left a message with the state patrol asking for a callback.  I'll give you one guess who has his permit in hand.  The other guy is on day 56 IIRC.

Call, leave a callback message, then ask politely when you can pick up your permit tomorrow.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline M7025-06

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2013, 03:51:58 PM »
I'm on day 49...lost track of days and just remembered to call today.  Their answering machine message says to give them the full 45 calendar days, PLUS 3-7 business days for mailing.  That's the first I've heard of the additional days for mailing time. 

NRA Member

Offline rudy

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2013, 04:37:56 PM »
I got a call back from NSP.  The lady said that my permit had finished processing but was awaiting some kind of final approval and should be ready to be mailed on Monday.  I asked if picking it up was easier since I live in Lincoln, she said that would be fine and that she would affix a note to my packet stating I wanted to pick it up.  She also said that people were coming in over the weekend working overtime on CHP applications.

Offline M7025-06

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2013, 05:11:47 PM »
I got a call back from NSP.  The lady said that my permit had finished processing but was awaiting some kind of final approval and should be ready to be mailed on Monday.  I asked if picking it up was easier since I live in Lincoln, she said that would be fine and that she would affix a note to my packet stating I wanted to pick it up.  She also said that people were coming in over the weekend working overtime on CHP applications.

I was told the same thing about an hour ago.  Should have mine by Tuesday. 

NRA Member

Offline wahoo_t

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2013, 08:35:48 PM »
Today was day 45 for me, nothing in mail box. Maybe Saturday? If not Saturday will call first thing Monday!!!!!!!!!!
The Wahoo_T

"No Gun is a Danger to the Innocent When Held by a Man of Morals"-unknown author_

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2013, 09:23:19 PM »
Today was day 45 for me, nothing in mail box. Maybe Saturday? If not Saturday will call first thing Monday!!!!!!!!!!

45 business days?  That comes out to about 2 1/2 months adding in holidays, almost 3 months adding in mailing delays.

I am figuring three months from when we did our prints / pics.   
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:25:28 PM by Gary »

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2013, 09:38:46 PM »
45 business days?  That comes out to about 2 1/2 months adding in holidays, almost 3 months adding in mailing delays.

I am figuring three months from when we did our prints / pics.   

Not business days... It's calendar days.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline coachtaylor87

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2013, 10:07:49 PM »
Today was day 45 for me as well, I called and left a message.  I got a message about 45 for processing,  plus 3-7 days for mailing?? Now what, wait until next Friday and call again??

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2013, 11:29:56 PM »
Not business days... It's calendar days.

Not as it was explained to me.  Statute might answer that for us.

Offline Jutty

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2013, 11:34:01 PM »
Not as it was explained to me.  Statute might answer that for us.

009.01 If the application for a permit to carry a concealed handgun is complete and all accompanying documentation is submitted, a permit will be issued to the applicant by the Nebraska State Patrol within forty-five (45) calendar days so long as the record check reveals no disqualifying information and applicant meets all of the requirements of the Act and these regulations. If the record check can not be completed within the forty-five (45) calendar day limitation, a permit will be issued but is subject to cancellation if information is received that disqualifies the applicant.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2013, 11:37:42 PM »
009.01 If the application for a permit to carry a concealed handgun is complete and all accompanying documentation is submitted, a permit will be issued to the applicant by the Nebraska State Patrol within forty-five (45) calendar days so long as the record check reveals no disqualifying information and applicant meets all of the requirements of the Act and these regulations. If the record check can not be completed within the forty-five (45) calendar day limitation, a permit will be issued but is subject to cancellation if information is received that disqualifies the applicant.

Sweet!   I am closer to my permit already! 

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2013, 03:17:48 PM »
Wife and I went in for pics/prints at Troop A station in Omaha today.  We were in and out of there in ten minutes. Girls in office said it's the first monday that hasn't been a madhouse since Dec. They said things are smoothing out adminstratively and to look for the permits in 3-5 weeks. Crossing my fingers and starting the clock. ;)

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2013, 06:33:58 PM »
I did mine there today also,

So my 45 day wait also starts

I was in and out very quickly as well.
There were only a few people there when i arrived and only 2 new waiting
when i was leaving.

I was surprised when they did not only finger prints but full palm prints as well.
but it went very fast the only thing slowing it down was the time it took the computer
to reset between prints.

It was nice as it was all digital......no messy ink.     
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2013, 09:50:56 AM »
I trust everyone was getting extra copies of their fingerprint card printed out.  If you decide to expand your CHL coverage to include UTAH coverage, you will be required to submit a card and passport sized photos with your application. (and money!)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2013, 09:57:34 AM »
Wife and I went in for pics/prints at Troop A station in Omaha today.  We were in and out of there in ten minutes. Girls in office said it's the first monday that hasn't been a madhouse since Dec. They said things are smoothing out adminstratively and to look for the permits in 3-5 weeks. Crossing my fingers and starting the clock. ;)

3 weeks?  I have never seen anyone comment it ever came that fast, but I see no reason it should take twice that long.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2013, 10:04:57 AM »
I trust everyone was getting extra copies of their fingerprint card printed out.  If you decide to expand your CHL coverage to include UTAH coverage, you will be required to submit a card and passport sized photos with your application. (and money!)

Looking at a coverage map, it would seem many people would be fine not getting the Utah or Florida permits.  I know I am good with just the single Nebraska permit.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2013, 10:52:36 AM »
It used to take about 3 weeks.

Offline M7025-06

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »
Got my permit today...52 days total. 

NRA Member

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2013, 06:34:48 PM »
Looking at a coverage map, it would seem many people would be fine not getting the Utah or Florida permits.  I know I am good with just the single Nebraska permit.

Adding a UT permit in addition to your NE permit, picks you up another 7 states.... If you never travel to any of these states (Minnesota probably the most common one people want the UT permit for), then you are correct no sense in getting a UT permit. It all depends on where you travel to, and if you want additional states of coverage