< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: It IS up to US  (Read 911 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
It IS up to US
« on: December 21, 2012, 03:58:24 PM »
I keep hearing about "It's against Federal Law to CCW on School Grounds, and th eFeds have to let us do that............

I did a little looking:

18 USC 922(q)(2)
(A)It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.

(B)Subparagraph (A) does not apply to the possession of a firearm—
(i)on private property not part of school grounds;

(ii)if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;
(emphasis mine)

(iv) by an individual for use in a program approved by a school in the school zone;

(v) by an individual in accordance with a contract entered into between a school in the school zone and the individual or an employer of the individual;

There is all kinds of room in there for the State and local level to Arm The Teachers/Staff ......

So if we can get the STATE of NEBRASKA to allow Carry (Even if it only by "Designated Security Personnell" like at Church), then our Administrators and Teaches will have more than harsh words to confront a madman here......

Thoughts?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
Re: It IS up to US
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 04:44:26 PM »
NFOA and  Sen Christensen introduced a bill in 2011 that was right on target for this issue today

http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,3111.0.html
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 04:44:32 PM »
Wallace, the schools I was referring to were Elementary and Jr./Sr. Highschools ..... something "Students for Concealed Carry" is not applicable to at that age level...... while I agree that Joe Blow CHP Holder is not likely to get the nod to Carry in Schools ..... at the very least, the Administrators that are ostensibly responsible for the safety of our kids while in school should have more than harsh words to stop an active shooter.  I realize that many, if not most, "Educators" are not gun people, but some are.  It can't be a requirement, but I would like to see those that are willing to Carry be able to do so...... there are dozens of teachers in most schools- surely one or two would be able to respond appropriately if armed, don't you think?

I know I'd feel better if my shcool had a more proactive plan than "Lockdown and Wait" ..... we are a rural district, and it might take the Sherriff's Office many minutes to arrive, when in one of these shootings, there is a fatality every 15-20 seconds, on average: That's potentially a lot of bodies.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:59:58 PM by JimP »
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 06:18:59 PM »
NFOA and  Sen Christensen introduced a bill in 2011 that was right on target for this issue today

Just listening to KFAB this evening, the general public did not know that.

A majority of the callers were calling for arming of Teachers/Administrators, even janitors .....

Maybe this bill could be pointed out next time one of us does an interview.