< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CCW Class Question  (Read 868 times)

Offline patrickdm

• NFOA Full Member
CCW Class Question
« on: January 10, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »
Any recommendations on which organization to get the CCW training from? Any standout from the rest?

Thanks.

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
Re: CCW Class Question
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »
Well you came to the right place to look that is for sure.  You have several site and NFOA sponsors who offer them.  Chris Zeeb, with Nebraska Concealed Carry Training, and I have taken another class from him and he is a great instructor and speaker.  Rod Moeller from R.L. Moeller Sporting Arms offers that class, both of their ads are on the right side.  Start clicking on ads and see if something stands out to you...  Best of luck.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline patrickdm

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:05:23 PM »
Thanks sparky. I've been contacted by one individual so far and have clicked on most of the sponsors ads.

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 10:43:17 AM »
Ha! Wonder who that was?   8)

From what I have heard and read, if their services are offered on this board, they are generally G2G, and it would come down to personal preference/location.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 04:49:32 PM »
If they were not good to go they would not have an ad here, I'll see to it personally
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 05:53:21 PM »
I've taken the class twice  (was not payin attention and my permit lapsed  :o ) ....

1st class was taken from Paul Horvick of shootingsafely.com back in Feb 2008...... excellent class that spent the majority of time on the legal aspects of the use of force.  This was fine, as every person in the class had been around firearms and was fairly familiar with pistols..... the legal aspects stressed in the class were very thought provoking.

Chris Zeeb's class was excellent as well, but different in that it was more "nuts and bolts"/how to than Paul's class ..... which was good, as I think the overall experience level in that class was much lower, with several people that appeared to be shooting their first handgun they had purchased not long before.....
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.