< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: USCCA and "Defence Shield"  (Read 903 times)

Offline Lindy

• Steel Benefactor
USCCA and "Defence Shield"
« on: January 24, 2013, 03:34:04 PM »
I'm fairly new to the concealed carry world, and was wondering what the opinions were out there about the United States Concealed Carry Association, and specifically, the "Defence Shield" legal liability insurance they offer.  Is it worth the money?  Is it a legit offering?  Is there something better out there that would help you provide for your legal defence if you had to use deadly force?

Thanks

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Re: USCCA and "Defence Shield"
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 04:43:13 PM »
I quit subscribing to USCCA a couple years ago. Great magazine, but the owner of the mag is in constant selling mode. Got tired of him trying to sell everything.... Including stuff for his brother. Heck it wouldn't surprise me if he was trying to sell his kids bicycles in his magazine.

No experience at all with their Defense Shield product.........

Personally I think the Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network is a good organization to belong to, and has the backing of many major experts in the area of self defense. (Massad Ayoob, Dennis Tueller, John Farnam, etc....)

There is an ad and link on the right side of this page for them  :-)

Offline Lindy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:51:17 AM »
Thanks Chris.  When I took my ccw class from you in Nov. I though you mentioned this service but couldnt remember who it was.

Offline gigabelly

• Steel Benefactor
  • KD0RTI
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 12:00:57 PM »
Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network is who I use as well.  Fortunately, I don't know how well it works and plan to keep it that way.
Government is not the solution to our problems, Government is our problem. -Ronald Reagan