< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop  (Read 3718 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »
How do you recover from not being able to trust the people who protect and serve?

I don't know about the "serve"  part, but they have NO obligation to do the "protect" part:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html?_r=0
Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone
By LINDA GREENHOUSE
Published: June 28, 2005
WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 09:45:04 PM »
I have immense respect for police officers in general.  LAPD, not so much.  They've proven time and time again that they're corrupt, mismanaged, and brutal.  I'm sure there are plenty of good officers on that force, but there are enough bad apples that they ruin the whole basket.  They obviously have a shoot first mentality, and that is absolutely unacceptable.  If I as a civilian had done that I would be rotting in jail for the rest of my life.

What really gets me about this case is the whitewashing by the media.  This murderer posted an ultra-liberal manifesto online that has been all but ignored.  If he leaned to the right you can be sure they would be trumpeting about the right wing extremist on the loose.  Since he's a leftist he's just a madman, though, and his political views are ignored.  Add to that the almost nonexistent coverage of LAPD's trigger happiness and something really starts to stink.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:48:14 PM by bkoenig »

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 08:48:47 AM »
Ran across this blog with some more interesting photos...........

http://smallestminority.blogspot.com/2013/02/wanted-dead-or-alive.html
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

A-FIXER

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 12:41:31 PM »
If it wasn't horrible and sad I maybe could wrap my mind around this. They are not warriors but weenie's putzes pansy's and all the things I'm thinking ......  :( :angry: :'( I'm probally headed to Hell!!!!!

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 08:22:47 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/15/us-usa-california-cop-idUSBRE91A11B20130215

Body's been identified.

The remains, charred beyond recognition, were removed from the burned-out ruins of a mountain cabin where Christopher Dorner, 33, made his last stand on Tuesday in a deadly shootout with authorities that ended with the cabin going up in flames.

Medical examiners used dental records to conclusively determine that the remains were those of Dorner, the San Bernardino Sheriff's Department said, bringing to an official end an exhaustive search for the former Los Angeles police officer who was fired in 2008.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 05:56:16 PM »
Updated:

Women's settlement with LAPD in Dorner case worth $4.2 million

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-women-shot-millions-20130423,0,1713238.story

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 06:25:51 PM »
Updated:

Women's settlement with LAPD in Dorner case worth $4.2 million

Would have almost been cheeper to give everyone (who didn't already have one) in the LA area a Gun and a box of Ammo.
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 06:32:58 PM »
OOPS!?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 06:41:21 PM »
Well, the LAPD had immediately said they were going to replace the truck, then renegged on that... and now there's the $4.2M settlement.  I wonder what the LPD, OPD, or BPD would do with $4.2M ....

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 02:38:55 PM »
I wonder what the LPD, OPD, or BPD would do with $4.2M

Maybe it's better they not have that money.  Who knows what they were salivating to buy ...  Light armored vehicle with machine guns and grenade launcher,  armed quadcopters, mortars, ...???

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 02:58:48 PM »
Maybe it's better they not have that money.  Who knows what they were salivating to buy ...  Light armored vehicle with machine guns and grenade launcher,  armed quadcopters, mortars, ...???

I, for one, have a tiny bit more faith in our local PD's :).

Although, the OPD has $69M in payroll for ~1000 folks.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2013, 03:07:56 PM »
more faith in our local PD's

So do I.  Most LEO are very nice and respect the Constitution and the rights of citizens.   NYC cops, on the other hand, are a different kettle of fish.   Ditto for LA.   Probably Chicago, too.

Shortly after I left Englewood to attend college the South Denver PD branch was arrested, all of them, for burglary.    Their MO was to claim they got a break-in report,  block off both ends of a street on which their target business was located, park a van or truck in front and under the pretext of searching for clues and confiscating evidence they'd load the van with all the valuable stuff and drive off.  They'd ask around to see if there were any "witnesses" to the alleged break-in to make it look like they were investigating.

My brother related this to me and wasn't sure how they got caught. but it had something to do with a pawn  shop owned by the owner of the stores seeing someone bring  in some stuff that was stolen from  his other store... etc...   IIRC, there were over a dozen cops who were tried and sent to prison.