< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop  (Read 3719 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-cop-manhunt-newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

Quote from: TheArticle
Two women who were shot by Los Angeles police in Torrance early Thursday during a massive manhunt for an ex-LAPD officer were delivering newspapers, sources said.

The women, shot in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue, were taken to area hospitals, Torrance police Lt. Devin Chase said. They were not identified. One was shot in the hand and the other in the back, according to Jesse Escochea, who captured video of the victims being treated.
It was not immediately known what newspapers the women were delivering. After the shooting, the blue pickup was riddled with bullet holes and what appeared to be newspapers lay in the street alongside.

And for those not aware of the current situation in Cali:

Quote from: TheArticle
Local, state and federal authorities are involved in a massive search for Christoper Jordan Dorner, 33, a former Los Angeles Police Department officer who is believed to have threatened "unconventional and asymmetrical warfare" against police in an online manifesto, and was suspected of shooting three police officers, one of whom died, early Thursday in Riverside County.

Dorner also is suspected of killing a couple in Orange County earlier this week.

WHAT THE F|_|CK ?

Yes, purposely evaded word filter.... cause... honestly....

WTF ?!

WTF WTF WTF ?
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 10:42:43 PM »
NYPD sprays pedestrians late last year killing a bunch of people for no reason.

Now we have two Cali women being shot for no reason and their truck riddled with holes.

Seriously.  WTF ?

And then there's the Jose SWAT murder in TX mentioned in another thread.

It's a terrible time to be in law enforcement, I'd be afraid of being lynch mobbed by people due to all the b.s., even if you're an upstanding LEO.

edit: 'weapon sprayed' -> 'truck riddled with holes'
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 07:38:48 PM »
I realize now that this post was rather off topic (for NFOA).... apologies.  Was so dismayed that had to share it heh.  Might be better suited in the 'non gun stuff' forum topic.

I still hate to think how things turned out if one of the women was armed and defended themselves...

But as is...

A-FIXER

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 08:31:06 PM »
I realize now that this post was rather off topic (for NFOA).... apologies.  Was so dismayed that had to share it heh.  Might be better suited in the 'non gun stuff' forum topic.

Hey buddy why are you apologizing for?.... no need, don't you know were all family here I sure us have this mindset of understanding and say the samething, were small but still family here after all we are bound by commonality and this drives us most of the time in the same direction

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 08:47:02 PM »
Hey buddy why are you apologizing for?

What I'm apologizing for: Bad form.

Appreciate the wuv though  <3

edit: clarified 'bad form'

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 09:01:52 PM »
Damn I knew LAPD hated the News but ....

I count over 30 holes in the back of that truck.
At the very least if those officers are not Fired over being Gun happy
they need to fire their trainer ....
They can't hit the broadside of a Barn at 10 paces

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 09:58:32 PM »
pretty piss poor policework if you cant tell a Nissan Titan from a Toyota Tacoma...

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 10:35:43 PM »
Or a BLUE truck(victims) from a GRAY truck(perp).......... ???

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 06:08:12 AM »
The cops deserve to be executed, not promoted as they will be.

I wonder why people don't respect them any more? Could it be that they are more of a legal thug gang than law enforcement now?

These women should be set for life, but Cal. can't afford the lawsuit so it will be tossed out of court.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 08:39:25 AM »
this Still keeps reminding me of that Line from the (1980) Movie Flash

The Emperor Ming asking
Klytus!......Are your men on the right pills?..........Maybe you should execute their trainer!

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 05:19:33 PM »
Regardless of the major mistake made by LEO's, calling for their execution is not going to be allowed on this forum, so take this as a warning. There will only be one :angry:
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 05:57:07 PM »
The cops deserve to be executed

Just got home from a relaxing day out.

This is way overreaction :(.

Discharged, criminal charges, and obvious civil suit - yes.  What you're calling for is way cross the line.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 04:52:41 PM »
Over the line indeed.    That post will be picked out of so the tens of thousands to malign 2A folks  as nut jobs.

The police malpractice is a severe example, but there are many similar ones.   The two NY  cops who shot a murderer also acted in haste, probably out of fear of their own lives, and ended up spraying the crowd with bullets,  injuring 9 innocent people.   They were fortunate that none died.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:55:05 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 05:38:48 PM »
I am certain we all would have difficulty in a situation where we expect someone to be shooting back. I don't envy LEO's at all that way.

I this case, I do wonder how the officers determined the need for deadly force. Are there hulls on the ground by the police driver door? A change of firearms? Can also imagine that as one officer began to fire, the other simply joined in.  Considering all the differences in what may have defined the suspect they were hoping to find it is odd they simply rolled up and started making holes. No situation control? No cause for returning fire? Effort to aquire the target?

I know I will now have greater fear than a traffic fine when I see the next police vehicle.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 06:41:33 PM »
They interviewed these two gals attorney.... you know he "ran over his grandmother" chasing their ambulances.....  $$$$ 

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 07:43:11 PM »
So....I just saw a picture of their truck and the back of the vehicle was riddled with bullet holes.  I'm no police officer, but it sure seems to me that even a suspect wanted for murder can't just be shot while in the car.  I would think he'd have to actually make a threatening move such as pointing a weapon at an officer.  Sounds to me like the LAPD is out of control.

I'm not usually one to advocate litigation, but I hope these two women own the City of Los Angeles when this is over.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
Unfortunately, owning the city just means higher taxes for everyone else.

How do you recover from not being able to trust the people who protect and serve?

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 10:43:08 PM »

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 10:53:35 PM »
ALSO, it is now being reported that the US is using drones to try and track Dorner down.  At first I read it on the "looney" sites, so I figured I was just being paranoid as usual.  (disclosure - I am one of those looney people to, so I can call infowars, zerohedge, reddit, the blaze, gizmodo etc. looney!)  Anyway, it is now being reported on MSN that the US is using US based drones to try and track Dorner in an attempt to keep him from fleeing the USA.  No word yet on if they will use a drone strike to neutralize him...

(Unless you count his truck being burned to a cinder a possible drone missle strike...)

66bigblock

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 11:00:51 PM »

So....I just saw a picture of their truck and the back of the vehicle was riddled with bullet holes.  I'm no police officer, but it sure seems to me that even a suspect wanted for murder can't just be shot while in the car.  I would think he'd have to actually make a threatening move such as pointing a weapon at an officer.  Sounds to me like the LAPD is out of control.

As I said elsewhere:

They look like the .mil ….. they are armed like the .mil …… and are quicker on the trigger than the .mil…… ARE NOT IN A WAR ZONE …… and yet see themselves as stuck in an endless Low Intensity Conflict, in which there are 3 sides (Cops, Robbers, and Everybody Else). I dunno exactly what this is a recipe for, but it not going to be very palatable, whatever that turns out to be.

Sounds to me like the LAPD is out of control.

This is new(s)?  Look at them.  What do you see?  A Police Force, or a Paramilitary Organization?

The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.