< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 80% AR-15 Lower Receiver  (Read 14524 times)

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
Re: 80% AR-15 Lower Receiver
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2013, 09:57:38 PM »
I decided to take a chance and funded this one:

http://www.rockethub.com/projects/29659-ar-15-80-lower

If it falls through I'll be PO'd but it's not the end of the world.

Curses! That's a pretty good deal- I would have jumped on the Jig & lower for $90! Oh well- if anyone sees any other solid deals let us know.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline jon_schram

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2013, 12:10:22 PM »
have a receiver that needs the FCG pockets machined, trigger pin, hammer pin and safety holes drilled. First step will be making a mill/drill jig to hold the receiver. My receiver is a machined billet version and is a little different from the typical forging. Need to at least make the jig fit my receiver and possibly figure it out to work with forgings.  My CNC mill is an older unit and does not have a tool changer (requires manual tool changes). Will need to program the machine operations. Ultimately want to cut an entire receiver (for no other reason than....cuz I can).

I know this is an older post, but I live just down the road from you in Emerson, Ne.  I would be very interested in meeting up and cutting a lower from a block of aluminum.  I don't have a ton of machining experience, but I did go to community college a few years ago to become a machinist.  Turned out it really wasn't for me (as a career anyway), but I am pretty good at drawing up plans on Solid-Works and several other CAD programs.  I'd be willing to pay for the supplies to do a couple lowers if you wanted to give it a go.

I have put together a bunch of lowers, and even did an 80% with my friend using a jig bought from Brownells (we used a 2hp drill press and it turned out great).  Think it would be pretty cool to get some guys together and give it a whirl. 

Offline godtelarms

• Owner of Godtel Arms
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Serving You and Your Rights!
    • Godtel Arms Website
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2013, 03:34:40 AM »
I know this topic is old but its what got me interested in joining the forum in the first place!  For what its worth I own a business that distributes and makes Professionally Powder Coated 80% Lower Receivers for both AR15's and AR10's.  I remember seeing someone ask about powder coating being effective so I thought I'd share!  I'm new the Forums so forgive me if I'm breaking any etiquette!

Thanks!

www.powdercoatedar15.com
www.powdercoatedar15.com
Serving You and Your Rights!
402-881-7203

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2013, 09:25:57 AM »
So are you lowers mag wells larger for the extra build up form the powdercoat?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:28:53 AM by tstuart34 »

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2014, 01:56:24 PM »
I have an aluminum 80% however do not feel as if I can safely finish it out by myself, wondering if any of you in Omaha have the experience and maybe the tools to help me. Or would be willing to trade for an EP Armory 80% where I wouldn't need all the tools I would need for an aluminum one.

also anyone looking for an aluminum 80% on Omaha Gun Trader facebook page a guy bought like 12 of them during the whole "gun scare" and is trying to get rid of them. I got mine by trading some ammo and a little bit of cash to him.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:10:12 PM by landon410 »