< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101762 times)

Offline Grunt167

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2010, 02:53:47 PM »
Netties' Fine Mexican Food at 7110 Railroad Ave in Bellevue, Ne are strong supporters of concealed carry!  They have a decal from the Frontsight Firearms Training Institute on their front door.  I believe that says it all!
This... I spoke with one of the owners today and they are big time believers in CCW and boy do I love me some Special Burrito...
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Offline jeffingi

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2010, 04:34:17 PM »
Tommy's diner in Grand Island is anti-gun

Offline NEEDJOHNGALT

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2010, 02:02:57 AM »
I went out to eat at the Kobe Japanese Steakhouse in the Regency Court shopping center in Omaha tonight.  The Regency Court Mall had a "No weapons" sign posted on the entry way.  The Regency mall is not listed as being anti gun but they clearly are.   

On the other hand------Nettie's Fine Mexican Food now proudly displays the NFOA sticker I obtained in Grand Island!

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2010, 08:17:12 PM »
Where is Netties located...I need to visit them soon  Ooops I found it posted above

Netties' Fine Mexican Food at 7110 Railroad Ave in Bellevue for us blind users

PS I shoulda given you one of the 6" ones. I have to remedy that soon

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 08:21:03 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2010, 09:51:21 PM »
+1 on Netties, I'm nearby there on Fridays, the kids and I may have to stop by patronize their establishment!
DID YOU HERE THAT ALL YOU ANTI's?!! I'm gonna give them my moneys.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2010, 08:20:27 PM »
+1 on Netties.  We go there at least once every couple weeks. 
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline Brian

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »
I just came back from eating at La Paz at 321 North Cotner and  on the way out noticed that the "No CCW" sign was gone from the door.  I didn't see a sign posted anywhere but need to go back and take a second look.  Maybe they finally woke up.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2010, 10:46:01 PM »
Cultiva Coffee at 11th & G

Here is the message I just left on the owner's Facebook account...

Greetings,

I was on a bicycle ride through downtown this spring and I intended to enjoy some of your coffee and baked goods.  I was disappointed to arrive and see a "No Concealed Weapons" sign posted near your entrance. 

Because of this sign, I was not allowed to enter your establishment.  Many business owners intend to provide a safe environment for their employees and patrons by posting such signs.  I commend you for your intent, but I must question your method.  The law abiding people who you are stopping at the door are not the ones who are a threat to you or your customers.  It is the criminal with intent to do harm who is going to ignore your signage that you should be concerned with.  By what magical properties does such a sign stop a criminal with a weapon from through your front door?

I eagerly await your reply on how your sign improves the level of safety for Cultiva.

Sincerely,
Me

We will see if he replies.
Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »
I just canceled my Costco membership and sent them an e-mail telling them that I had done so because of their no concealed carry sign in the Omaha store and because of how they handled their involvement in the Erik Scott incident in their Summerlin, NV store.

Offline Rob B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2010, 08:40:26 PM »
I noticed American Tire Distributor is posted and Lincoln Truck Center is posted! Where do they think all those out of town truckers are going to put thier guns while the truck is being worked on?

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2010, 10:13:42 PM »
I noticed American Tire Distributor is posted and Lincoln Truck Center is posted! Where do they think all those out of town truckers are going to put thier guns while the truck is being worked on?

What makes sense to me about this is that they trust their employees less than they trust legal gun owners.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2010, 07:48:45 PM »
Can any member in the Gothenburg NE area confirm removal of the no CCW signs from the Randazzle restaurant and the Sinclair station across the road?

I has been reported by a Colorado CCW'r that the signs are gone, and I would like to confirm before removing these businesses from the list.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 08:05:10 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Sgt_Rock

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2010, 04:11:48 PM »
The Buggy Bath-BP Station on West O Street in Lincoln is posted.  I'd been getting gas there every Sunday for 9 years and then quit.  Told the manager that I couldn't do business there anymore and why.

The Phillips 66 on 14th and Old Cheney in Lincoln is not posted.  I started getting gas there.  Closer to my house anyway.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2010, 06:57:29 PM »
I've noticed most all Phillips 66s are not posted.
What was the manager's reaction?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Sgt_Rock

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2010, 11:48:32 AM »
I've noticed most all Phillips 66s are not posted.
What was the manager's reaction?

There really wasn't one.  She just kind of laughed-like she thought I was kidding or something.   I told her after 9 years of coming in there like clockwork every Sunday to fill my truck up with gas, I couldn't come there anymore because just driving on their lot made me criminal.  

Git n' Split on West O Street (Sinclair Station) is not posted either.  
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:17:55 AM by Sgt_Rock »

Offline LazyAce

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2011, 05:03:50 PM »
I have a small motorcycle repair business and I also carry when & where I can. I have a sticker on my door that says:  We Welcome Gun Permit Holders. I have had a few looks at it but no one has said anything yet. You can see and get the stickers at:  www.nogunsnobusiness.com.   This is a site started by a guy in Tennessee.
LIFE`S SHORT---RIDE HARD

Offline Sgt_Rock

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2011, 11:30:32 PM »
I've been to Wheatfield's in Omaha twice now.  Not posted.  I carried there the first time  I went.  

Great food...by the way.  :)  
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:18:07 AM by Sgt_Rock »

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »
Auto 1 Towing, RJ's Towing, and Auto Smart Car Repair (all located at 63rd and Grover) are all PRO CCW and open carry for that matter. I would even bet that if you are needing a car towed, a car repaired, or are looking to buy a car, you might even get a discount for carrying.  :tool:

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2011, 01:26:41 PM »
Jay, may I suggest you post a few of these signs  --- see attachment ---
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2011, 06:35:23 PM »
I just ate at LaPaz in Lincoln again this evening.  At first, I thought they had removed their signage against guns, but then I noticed they still had a sign on the upper right corner of the second set of doors you have to pass through.  I think it was moved, but not removed.  :(
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.