< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101764 times)

Offline nesportshooter

• Forum Member
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2011, 10:11:05 PM »
Can any member in the Gothenburg NE area confirm removal of the no CCW signs from the Randazzle restaurant and the Sinclair station across the road?

I has been reported by a Colorado CCW'r that the signs are gone, and I would like to confirm before removing these businesses from the list.

Since I am the fellow who reported the removal, I had hoped by now that someone would have been able to have confirmed the removal.

Any chance now that the board allowed me to have Associate member status that the Sinclair station and the restaurant can be removed from the list?

I was really impressed to discover that the owner removed the signs after I spoke with him by phone, so it is too bad his business is still on the list.

Ron

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2011, 10:29:47 PM »
Ron, I have changed the list, and struck the two businesses from it.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2011, 02:02:58 AM »
MT. Fuji Inn at 72nd and Blondo St. in Omaha has a homemade no CCW sign on their door.
I didn't notice it until we were leaving, I was not carrying as I had planned to consume a Mai Tai.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2011, 07:09:07 AM »
I was at Rick's Boatyard this week and they are  posted for no weapons so I dropped a card in the "Card Bowl".
Rick's Boatyard is down by the Qwest Center in Omaha.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2011, 02:47:57 PM »
I work at a convenience store here in lincoln, and about 6 moonths ago i noticed all of our signs came down as well.

Kwik Shop is carry friendly, guys.  Only downside is it's against company policy for clerks to carry whilst on the clock.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2011, 07:15:25 PM »
I work at a convenience store here in lincoln, and about 6 moonths ago i noticed all of our signs came down as well.

Kwik Shop is carry friendly, guys.  Only downside is it's against company policy for clerks to carry whilst on the clock.
There was rumor of that being the case, but If you confirm Kwik Shop is carry friendly in all the stores, I will make sure that is noted on the list.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2011, 09:28:36 PM »
Michael's Arts & Crafts at Southpointe in Lincoln is posted with a criminals welcome sign.  I swear, I didn't go there willingly!  My wife made me!

Offline gsd

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »
There was rumor of that being the case, but If you confirm Kwik Shop is carry friendly in all the stores, I will make sure that is noted on the list.

The signs are down in the five that I have been in.  I will get solid verification and get back to you. 

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2011, 10:42:13 AM »
Kwik Shop is carry friendly, guys.

thats the best advertising campaign i have ever heard of.  i will go there more often.

is that all Kwik Shops or just certain ones?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline gsd

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2011, 12:41:17 PM »
I am still waiting on confirmation from higher up.  They were all in a meeting over the last couple days, so hopefully monday I will have a solid answer.

Offline Wesley D

• NFOA Full Member
  • Rifleman
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2011, 05:17:14 PM »
Michael's Arts & Crafts at Southpointe in Lincoln is posted with a criminals welcome sign.  I swear, I didn't go there willingly!  My wife made me!

Uh huh.  Whatever you say Mr. Multigun Scrapbooker...  ;)
"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert Heinlein

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2011, 08:44:54 PM »
Does anyone know if the Embassy Suites in Lincoln is pro-criminal?  I have a convention there this week and don't want to have to do the "crap, have to go back to the car" dance at 7am!!

Offline Mark B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2011, 08:05:27 AM »
This may have been covered before. The Cornhusker hotel in Lincoln is not posted but when you go to the parking connected to the Hotel there is a sign stating "no guns or knives" placed there by the City of Lincoln, the owner of the parking lot.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2011, 11:32:04 AM »
Embassy Suites is NOT posted in Lincoln, Omaha, nor any other location I have visited.

The Cornhusker IS posted at the main entrance (free standing sign in alcove by restraunt (sp?), as well as parking garage entrances (although it is backwards to those entering from the garage).  It does mention the city ordinance (which doesn't apply to CHP holders) AND also has the state statute listed (which does apply to CHP holders).  I have thought about many times over the past few years of contacting the Marriot Corporation who owns the Cornhusker and discussing this with them.  I have NEVER seen another Marriot hotel with signage in any state I travel.  Furthermore as a Mormon owned company, I would be surprised if corporate knows or would approve as they tend to be very pro-gun peoples. 

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2011, 01:23:29 PM »
Uh huh.  Whatever you say Mr. Multigun Scrapbooker...  ;)

I'm knitting a set of wool mag holders.  Kydex is too cold.

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2011, 07:13:29 PM »
Thanks bullit!  Makes my weekend much more comfortable!  ;D

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2011, 08:39:50 PM »
Embassy Suites in Omaha by Cabelas has been posted since they opened.  I was there about a month ago and it was still posted.  Have no idea about the Lincoln or downtown Omaha locations.
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2011, 06:40:02 AM »
Roper,

Where in the Embassy Suites at La Vista is it posted?  I have been in there multiple times, and as recently as 3 weeks ago.  Went in and out of 3 different entrances, as well as the Marriot next door.  I stay pretty atuned to espying such "conspicuous" items.  Curious minds want to know......

And back to Mark B's post about the garage of the Cornhusker.  That kind of makes since as the sign is for those entering from the hotel to the garage.  Always thought it odd the hotel would post signs that way.  However, there is still the freestanding one at the entrance of the main lobby.  Technically conspicuous for the other entrances????

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2011, 07:18:04 PM »
3/28/2011
Today I went into the Embassy Suites in LaVista, looking at the doors and surroundings. I went through the lobby area to the Convention Center and out those main doors, looked around and re-entered. I went to the Marriott Courtyard and left out of the main doors.
Much to my surprise, all no-weapon signage had been removed...I repeat...removed  ;D

I made this journey on purpose to look and was pleasantly surprised.

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2011, 05:48:19 PM »
Florence Food Mart on Ft. Calhoun Rd. (just north of the Mormon bridge) has a big,friendly "CCW  Welcome!" sign in the middle of the front door.