< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101765 times)

Offline mustang5o

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2012, 10:48:38 AM »
Add Aksarben Cinema to the list of unfriendly businesses.  Sometime in the last week or so they posted "no guns" signs on each door.  The owner states that since they serve liquor they need to post, and is not open to discussing the issue even after being pointed out that he is wrong about the law.  This was my favorite theater but now I won't be patronizing their business until the sign is removed.

Guess I'll have to quit going to movies.  AMC is still posted last I was there.

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW ~ No Frills
« Reply #261 on: October 17, 2012, 01:55:12 PM »
Per No Frills:
I guess not all stores have gotten the message but I am "on it" because the corporate decision was to un-post all the stores. Many are gone now!
If you see a sign, let me know and I will continue to be the squeaky wheel.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #262 on: October 17, 2012, 05:15:18 PM »
Go to the theater at Village Point. I carry there and haven't seen any signs at the door I walk in...

Offline zombiehunter84

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #263 on: October 18, 2012, 04:22:35 PM »
Go to the theater at Village Point. I carry there and haven't seen any signs at the door I walk in...

I got to talking to a sheriff deputy for a little while a couple weeks ago.. We got on the subject of conceal carry and I mentioned that its ridiculous that we can only carry in one movie theater in this area.. Apparently she worked an off duty gig there after the colorado shooting. She was told by management that conceal carry is not allowed there. I see no signs at the doors.. So until there are signs, I will continue to carry. Just wanted to post this up as a FYI.

Offline lunchbox

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #264 on: October 28, 2012, 02:51:26 AM »
I don't know if this restaurant has been listed yet, but Netties in S. Omaha is pro 2A. Here is the sign in their window. Good food to boot!

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #265 on: October 28, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »
FYI:  Netties is a big NFOA supporter.
As a matter of fact, Last weekend's NFOA PAF candidate meet and greet was hosted by Netties and , yes, the (free) food provided was awesome.
β€œIt is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline LM4202

• Forum Member
« Reply #266 on: October 29, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
I got to talking to a sheriff deputy for a little while a couple weeks ago.. We got on the subject of conceal carry and I mentioned that its ridiculous that we can only carry in one movie theater in this area.. Apparently she worked an off duty gig there after the colorado shooting. She was told by management that conceal carry is not allowed there. I see no signs at the doors.. So until there are signs, I will continue to carry. Just wanted to post this up as a FYI.

Twin Creek in Bellevue hasn't been posted. 

Offline zombiehunter84

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #267 on: October 29, 2012, 12:50:37 PM »
Twin Creek in Bellevue hasn't been posted. 

Yeah I know, Tis why I still carry there. Was just chiming in that the deputy I was shooting the **** with said that SHE was told by management when she first started that conceal carry is not allowed in that theater. Well they didn't tell me, and they havent posted so until so, it is still a carry zone.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #268 on: October 30, 2012, 03:48:27 PM »
Anti-CCW location.

Oct 30th 2012

Aldi's in Bellevue.  North side of Cornhusker opposite of menards / mcdonalds.

They have a tiny placard stating no concealed weapons, I've friendly bugged the manager that the sign isn't adequate, will be in touch with their corporate masters about getting their sign updated (or removed possibly).

Being a corporate thing, quite possibly all Aldi's disallow carry ?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:58:47 PM by unfy »
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2012, 07:00:12 AM »
Does not look "conspicuous" to me......

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2012, 07:43:04 AM »

Nor did I. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »
Does not look "conspicuous" to me......

Yeah, included the NESP's regs printout, highlighted appropriate sections, included a printout of the suggested sign as well as a couple examples, a note explaining why the sign is important, and a note requesting they allow concealed carry as well.  I'm sure there are more eloquent people here that could address the concealed carry issue than myself... but at the very least I can hopefully get their sign updated heh.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline AlanS

• Powder Benefactor
    • ShadduckPhotography.com
« Reply #272 on: November 02, 2012, 05:16:58 AM »
RE: "I've friendly bugged the manager that the sign isn't adequate, will be in touch with their corporate masters about getting their sign updated...but at the very least I can hopefully get their sign updated heh."

unfy: Please stop and think before acting any further on this... From your photo of the sign (at Aldi's in Bellevue), it obviously does not meet the standard required for an enforceable gun-free/victim zone (CHP holders are restricted when the business is properly & conspicuously posted)... It is one thing to advocate for removal of such a sign, but why in the world would you actively assist them them fixing their sign, giving it the power of law, and making this business a victim zone legally off-limits to permit holders???
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 01:44:00 PM by AlanS »

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #273 on: November 02, 2012, 05:03:22 PM »
unfy: Please stop and think before acting any further on this... From your photo of the sign (at Aldi's in Bellevue), it obviously does not meet the standard required for an enforceable gun-free/victim zone (CHP holders are restricted when the business is properly & conspicuously posted)... It is one thing to advocate for removal of such a sign, but why in the world would you actively assist them them fixing their sign, giving it the power of law, and making this business a victim zone legally off-limits to permit holders???

Uhhhhh, I've got a few responses to this.

1) Conspicuous can be up for interpretation.  The sign was at the inner door, it was fairly isolated and not surrounded by a bunch of crap, etc.  It wasn't a gaudy graphic, but it wasn't really "hidden" either.

2) The notice *IS* posted, therefore walking in concealed, assuming it passes 'conspicuous' - would be breaking the law.  Do you wanna have to deal with the headache of arguing the sign to a peace officer or judge ?  Losing an afternoon of your time or more and possible fines and other such things ?

3) Aldi's corporate office obviously doesn't want concealed carry in their stores.  Do you actively snub your nose in the face of businesses or homes you frequent ?

4) Our goal shouldn't be to attempt to "sneak into a place" just because we think we're right.

And the most important thing of all:

5) It's damn well polite to try to be respectful and not adversarial towards businesses.  They aren't "the enemy".

I made a short case for allowing concealed carry, but barring that - I'm helping them meet their goals and possibly helping US not be put in a situation of having to explain ourselves or argue semantics about a sign. 

If someone has a generic "please get rid of the sign" letter / message that kicks ass, I'll gladly keep a few copies of it in my truck.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #274 on: November 03, 2012, 10:12:20 AM »

If someone has a generic "please get rid of the sign" letter / message that kicks ass, I'll gladly keep a few copies of it in my truck.

2-sided business card you may like.  It is designed to be used with the Avery business card stock available at WalMart and other places.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/1362028/nogunsnomoneynfoa-pdf-september-6-2009-9-17-pm-126k
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #275 on: November 03, 2012, 07:08:09 PM »
2-sided business card you may like.  It is designed to be used with the Avery business card stock available at WalMart and other places.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/1362028/nogunsnomoneynfoa-pdf-september-6-2009-9-17-pm-126k

I'll have to give these a print, ty ty <3

Offline DoubleStack9

• Forum Member
« Reply #276 on: November 04, 2012, 08:53:57 PM »

Marcus Cinemas are pro-Second Amendment and they have my business.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #277 on: November 04, 2012, 09:10:15 PM »
Marcus Cinemas are pro-Second Amendment and they have my business.

Yes they are, and I note that the very same Marcus group has recently purchased the Cornhusker Hotel in Lincoln, so I expect that at least one hotel in Lincoln will be removing the "no guns" signs  (fingers crossed)
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #278 on: November 05, 2012, 07:12:42 AM »
Dan W....interestingly the Marriott group (previous owner of the Cornhusker) is pro CCW.  Never could understand the contradiction and always wondered if a local policy i.e. the big boys at HQ unaware.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #279 on: November 08, 2012, 11:24:49 AM »
While we're on the subject of hotels ... does anyone know if the Hilton in downtown Omaha is criminal-friendly or not?  I have a meeting there this afternoon.

TIA