< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing  (Read 101773 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: Anti-CCW and Pro-CCW businesses listing
« Reply #320 on: April 11, 2013, 08:55:47 PM »

If you are inquiring about if the above are anti-CCW, the answer would be no.  One reason to not become a Costco member or drop your membership....

So Sam's & Wal Mart, yes on CC, and Costco, no.  Got it.    No Costco in Lincoln anyway.

With a thread like this one, a grand list should be created. 

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #321 on: April 11, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »
android app called Gun Free Zone is pretty lame, cause it lists lots of businesses, with a question mark next to them.  Sam's Club was a question mark.  I just entered OK, so maybe now it will show OK, but I think it takes more than one reference to show up.

Offline Bucket

• NFOA Full Member

Offline 2550sx

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #323 on: May 19, 2013, 07:33:32 AM »
NP Dodge park in Omaha has a sign at the park entrance.........."NO WEAPONS Permitted Including Lawful Concealed Carry" 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 07:39:03 AM by 2550sx »

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2013, 10:59:17 AM »
I went to the Henry Doorly Zoo last Monday and there were no "gun free" signs at the newly remodeled entrance.  None at the new ticket booths either.  Some of the buildings in the zoo still have signage and one of the gates at the north end still had a sign.  Maybe they are not caught up with signage for the remodel, so it's worth watching.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #325 on: May 19, 2013, 01:27:25 PM »
With a thread like this one, a grand list should be created

Just one list is needed.  One holding names and addresses of places NOT allowing CCW.   The current list has them all mixed  up and with contradictions.   That one list would be shorter, I hope, than a list give names and addresses of places that DO allow CCW.

Offline Workman

• Forum Member
« Reply #326 on: May 24, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »
I can understand why pawn shops don't want any armed customers coming in, CHP or not.  Seems like a sound business decision in light of the clientele they deal with. 

PawnPlus on north 90th is ccw friendly.

Offline MissMichella

• Powder Benefactor
  • I'm just a girl with a glock.
« Reply #327 on: June 16, 2013, 11:48:06 PM »
I went to the Omaha Zoo this weekend, and I didn't see any signs prohibiting weapons, and I was really looking closely in the parts my daughter and I went.  There was an overabundance of no smoking signs posted, so I would assume if no CCW/OC was allowed I would have seen it.
You have more confidence than a woman in a tampon commercial...
*Michelle*

Offline 2550sx

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #328 on: June 17, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »
Fed Ex on 71st & Q has no weapons permitted sign at the entrance (Omaha)

Offline Thanke

• Forum Member
« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2013, 10:33:34 PM »
I noticed it wasn't up after the front was remodeled as well.

I went to the Omaha Zoo this weekend, and I didn't see any signs prohibiting weapons, and I was really looking closely in the parts my daughter and I went.  There was an overabundance of no smoking signs posted, so I would assume if no CCW/OC was allowed I would have seen it.

Offline bloodypiker

• Forum Member
« Reply #330 on: June 18, 2013, 06:46:08 AM »
The ONLY sign at the new main gate at HDZ is on 1 a-frame style poster in the bottom right corner. So, if it's not out, facing the wrong way, nocked over, or you are coming from the other direction you won't see it.

Offline Sydspapa

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #331 on: June 23, 2013, 05:33:31 PM »
Yeah I know, Tis why I still carry there. Was just chiming in that the deputy I was shooting the **** with said that SHE was told by management when she first started that conceal carry is not allowed in that theater. Well they didn't tell me, and they havent posted so until so, it is still a carry zone.

New to the site and CCW for myself.  Glad to see Twin Creek Theatres on the friendly side, this is blocks from my house.  Also glad NFM came around as I love spending money on electronics I do not need.  :)
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
 Thomas Jefferson

Offline LTCetme

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #332 on: September 01, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »
Just went to The Omaha Children's Museum with my daughter. On the entrance there is a sigh that says "No weapons of any kind INCLUDING legally concealed handguns". What a crock of ****. Given Newtown I would think a place like that would want to make itself a LESS desirable place for a massacre of children and not a better target. So I left my 1911 in the car where it could have been stolen instead of on my belt where it should have been.

Please add the Children's museum to the anti list.

Offline cad

• Forum Member
« Reply #333 on: September 02, 2013, 10:31:29 AM »

PawnPlus on north 90th is ccw friendly.
The owner of PawnPlus (and Little Engines) is also a FFL.  His name is Mick.

Offline cad

• Forum Member
« Reply #334 on: September 02, 2013, 10:37:15 AM »
Why is the Zoo on the unfriendly list if no signs?

Could dates be added to the list to know when last updated/added?

Offline LTCetme

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #335 on: September 02, 2013, 10:14:14 PM »
Why is the Zoo on the unfriendly list if no signs?

Could dates be added to the list to know when last updated/added?

I was just there today. I didn't carry because it was listed as anti CCW on NFOA but come to think of it I never saw a sign. To be fair I didn't look for one either.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #336 on: September 02, 2013, 10:50:51 PM »
Several members have reported since the Zoo's remodel that the sign has been placed in an area that is very difficult to find, so there may or may not be a sign, and I tend to err on the side of caution.

But everyone needs to recognize that the list is just a volunteer generated thing that is not guaranteed to be correct at any time, and is always subject to change, so much so that I sometimes question why we keep it at all.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #337 on: October 25, 2013, 10:28:40 PM »
AmericInn in Omaha, across the street from Westroads Mall. No sign on the door, but when you read the guest directory in the room, under house rules: it says firearms are not permitted in the hotel. I know about private property rights from previous posts, but really, if you're going to post, do it right.  Really? You pay for your room, unpack, settle in, and then, have an oh sh*t moment.  Not cool at all.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #338 on: October 25, 2013, 11:29:13 PM »
AmericInn in Omaha, across the street from Westroads Mall. No sign on the door, but when you read the guest directory in the room, under house rules: it says firearms are not permitted in the hotel. I know about private property rights from previous posts, but really, if you're going to post, do it right.  Really? You pay for your room, unpack, settle in, and then, have an oh sh*t moment.  Not cool at all.

Not conspicuously posted, then I don't go searching for it.  I bet nearly every hotel has a similar rule if you dig deep enough.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #339 on: October 26, 2013, 12:50:15 PM »
I don't think a motel can legally stop you from keeping a gun in your temporary residence

ETA They can ask you to leave if they choose to
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.