< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Next IDPA Nebraska Indoor Match - Jan 4  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
Next IDPA Nebraska Indoor Match - Jan 4
« on: December 16, 2013, 06:31:17 PM »
The next IDPA Nebraska Indoor Match will be Saturday, January, 4, 2014 at Thunder Alley Indoor Shooting Range; 7:30am-11:00am. Two stages. Minimum 16-18 rounds per stage.

$10 (Thunder Alley non-members)/$5 (Thunder Alley members). Registration at 7:30am; "walk through" at 7:45am; match starts at 8:00am.

More information: info@idpanebraska.com

www.idpanebraska.com
www.facebook.com/idpanebraska
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:04:45 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: Next IDPA Nebraska Indoor Match - Jan 4
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 10:44:28 PM »
Last month was fun, folks.  (And IDPA is definitely a different game than USPSA!)  You should come out and shoot this. 

If you've got a centerfire gun, decent concealment holster, and the ability to carry two extra magazines, you've got what you need to shoot the match.

C'mon out and give it a try!  (I'll be there, and you can make fun of the "USPSA gamer" trying to shoot IDPA!)

(No, Aldo didn't pay me to say this.  :)  )
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 08:08:53 AM »
Last month was fun, folks.  (And IDPA is definitely a different game than USPSA!)  You should come out and shoot this. 

If you've got a centerfire gun, decent concealment holster, and the ability to carry two extra magazines, you've got what you need to shoot the match.

C'mon out and give it a try!  (I'll be there, and you can make fun of the "USPSA gamer" trying to shoot IDPA!)

(No, Aldo didn't pay me to say this.  :)  )

Yeah, we all saw the "gamer" barrel in your Glock.  You have to get up much earlier in the morning to fool us.  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 09:08:53 AM »
Yeah, we all saw the "gamer" barrel in your Glock.  You have to get up much earlier in the morning to fool us.  :)

Confused! 

My G34 has a KKM barrel in it, actually.  (But it would still be legal for IDPA.)  My G17 does not, it has the factory barrel (and that's what I shot last time).  And factory pretty much everything else other than sights.  (Even the trigger assembly is factory Glock parts, though they ARE smoothed and polished...) ---I DON'T UNDERSTAND! 

(Is he just making fun of me?  My brain isn't working yet today.  I can't tell if he is just making up something to make fun of me!!)

AHHHHH!!   :(

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 03:55:24 PM »
Confused! 

My G34 has a KKM barrel in it, actually.  (But it would still be legal for IDPA.)  My G17 does not, it has the factory barrel (and that's what I shot last time).  And factory pretty much everything else other than sights.  (Even the trigger assembly is factory Glock parts, though they ARE smoothed and polished...) ---I DON'T UNDERSTAND! 

(Is he just making fun of me?  My brain isn't working yet today.  I can't tell if he is just making up something to make fun of me!!)

AHHHHH!!   :(

Um... there may have been just a little joshin' in my response.  :)  Given your reputation as a "gamer", I was duty bound to make some kind of comment, even if I had to make something up.  :)

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 05:47:50 PM »
Um... there may have been just a little joshin' in my response.  :)  Given your reputation as a "gamer", I was duty bound to make some kind of comment, even if I had to make something up.  :)

It is cruel to mess with the mentally disabled, which I certainly was this morning.   ???

Don't make me switch over to CDP for the match this Saturday...

(Please don't.  I haven't shot my G21 in about 4 years, and I'd have to scare up some .45acp ammo from somewhere...)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 09:48:01 PM »
It is cruel to mess with the mentally disabled, which I certainly was this morning.   ???

Don't make me switch over to CDP for the match this Saturday...

(Please don't.  I haven't shot my G21 in about 4 years, and I'd have to scare up some .45acp ammo from somewhere...)

CDP is a lonely division.  :(  I'm holding out for the formation of a Geezer/Creaky Knee division. 

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 10:47:38 PM »
CDP is a lonely division.  :(  I'm holding out for the formation of a Geezer/Creaky Knee division. 

Well, it's IDPA----isn't it MOSTLY out-of-shape old guys?

:P

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 08:03:14 AM »
Well, it's IDPA----isn't it MOSTLY out-of-shape old guys?

:P

Absolutely!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 04:27:27 PM »
IDPA was a good time today---kudos to Ron and Cody for again coming up with an intricate and demanding course of fire (two, actually) in limited space with that has fairly absolute direction-of-fire requirements.

Now if I could only aim.  2 mikes.  Sheesh.  Dropped only three other points for the entire match---but since I pulled two separate shots about half an inch each into hard cover (one per stage) that "three" turns into "thirteen".  6.5 extra seconds in penalty time.  Ouch.

Good to see a bunch of folks out there.  Now---next time everyone needs to wear nametags that also include their forum name!

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 05:08:38 PM »
IDPA was a good time today---kudos to Ron and Cody for again coming up with an intricate and demanding course of fire (two, actually) in limited space with that has fairly absolute direction-of-fire requirements.

Now if I could only aim.  2 mikes.  Sheesh.  Dropped only three other points for the entire match---but since I pulled two separate shots about half an inch each into hard cover (one per stage) that "three" turns into "thirteen".  6.5 extra seconds in penalty time.  Ouch.

Good to see a bunch of folks out there.  Now---next time everyone needs to wear nametags that also include their forum name!

I did wear a name tag but it froze and fell off.  :)

I didn't realize my cast bullet loads were so smoky.  I got a lot of comments on it.  I didn't notice.  I was too focused on my front sight.  Sorta.  :)

I had a great time as usual.  Good to see everyone again.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 06:07:52 PM »
Jt I was the one shooting the Glock :) 
Some of us may get upstaged by a 14 year old girl. Dang she could shoot and safe gun handling to boot

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 06:10:39 PM »

That should narrow it down some! :laugh:

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 06:34:08 PM »
Some of us may get upstaged by a 14 year old girl. Dang she could shoot and safe gun handling to boot

Couldn't she though?  The other lady shooter there today shot well too.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 10:11:10 PM »
Well, that helps a lot!

Outstanding!  Unfortunately, I missed it. 

...so, you DID tell her to come try out USPSA also, right?  :)

Couldn't she though?  The other lady shooter there today shot well too.
Excellent! 

I'm giving a women's self-defense seminar on the 18th of this month, hosted by The Well-Armed Women -- Omaha Chapter, and among other things I'm planning on discussing using competition shooting to get in trigger time and some stress inoculation.  (Yes, both IDPA and USPSA.  :) )

I think Ardena will shoot with us next time.  I'm trying to talk Julie into it, but she'd rather sleep in than get up so we can leave at 6:15am to get there on time.  :)

I didn't realize my cast bullet loads were so smoky.  I got a lot of comments on it.  I didn't notice.  I was too focused on my front sight.  Sorta.  :)
It is true that while you were shooting people were making comments about who let the coal train into the shooting bay.... 

I suppose that might be overstating the case...

....maybe.  :)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 05:45:24 AM »
Hey wait, I was a guy with the Glock

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 07:24:10 PM »

Well now, that would be me.  :) 

Next time I don't think I'll use the old "load a partial mag" technique.  True, I do need to continue to work on my reloads, but not during a match.  :)  I'll leave that to the pros. 

And why I was trying to get mags out of my vest pocket rather than trying to access those nicely placed mags on my belt I'll never know.  Timer induced stupidity I guess. :)

But only 1 down for the two runs and no procedurals.  Much better than last time.  I'm seeing now that the premium supposedly placed on accuracy by IDPA isn't as much as I thought it was.  A guy can shoot a lot of -1's and still do well, as long as he or she still shoots fast.  (which I don't.) :)

Still fun. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:29:27 PM by Lorimor »

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »

It is true that while you were shooting people were making comments about who let the coal train into the shooting bay.... 

I suppose that might be overstating the case...

....maybe.  :)

Smoke is tactical.  Some rely on smoke grenades.  I use my reloads.*

*Don't try this at home.  Smoke may be hazardous to your health.  :)

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 09:35:35 PM »
Glad to hear that y'all had a good time and fun shoot. :)

Now the challenge is to come up with another Course of Fire (CoF) design as a follow-up to yesterday's...not really...we did 21 different indoor shoots in 2013, so I've got a library to work with...  ;)

...or I can just rely on the every day news of real life self-defense situations and ad lib off of those as I did this last time  :o

Hey, I shot a Glock, too!!!  8)

...and, yes, I am in the geezer/etc category, but lovin' every minute of it  :laugh:

I'll have ya know that the young gal and the woman y'all are referring to attended my IDPA Basics course the night before, so I was glad to see them both come out and take the CoF head on...and even the 12 yo young man!!  The woman in particular was very nervous initially during the range portion of the course, but she settled down with a real focus when it was show time at the match to just concentrate and take her time on knocking out those perps and not hitting the innocents!  :D

Again, thanks to y'all who came out and made it fun and enjoyable AND for helping out with set-up, pasting, brass pick up, and break down. The camaraderie amongst the 31 shooters was excellent to experience!

On the IDPA Nebraska FB site (https://www.facebook.com/idpanebraska), check out the Precision Response Training video of jthhapkido's first-place performance at yesterday's IDPA Indoor Match!....and, no, he did NOT pay me to place the video there  :) ...I saw his video posted elsewhere and asked his permission to post on the FB site as it was excellent to give a demo view of what it was all about!!

And kudos to bullit for his Safety Officer assistance in running the line!!

Next match: Saturday, February 1, registration starts at 7:15am, walkthrough/briefing at 7:45am, and match from 8:00am-11:00am.

Aldo
http://idpanebraska.com/
https://www.facebook.com/idpanebraska
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:39:25 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan