< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: LB430 UPDATE 5/13/09: LB430 Passes 45-3; thank the Senators  (Read 24602 times)

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
Re: LB430 action needed: contact Judiciary Committee
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 08:24:53 AM »
I will take off work to be there but probably not speak.  I am pretty sure some other NFOA members and board members may do the same...
N0ZXR

Offline PhilK

• NFOA Full Member
  • xxx
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 10:10:29 AM »
I note as of this date, there is nothing scheduled: http://www.nebraskalegislature.gov/bills/view_bill.php?DocumentID=6960

Senator Ashford is holding a public meeting, at 6:30 pm on February 19, 2009, at the Westside Community Schools Adminstration Building, 909 S 76th St Omaha, NE 68114 on "issues that concern you and your family" I plan to speak in person regarding LB430.

Edited to correct link to LB430...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:26:43 AM by PhilK »

Offline ranger04

• Valued Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 10:19:49 AM »
I will plan to attend this hearing on the 26th of March. I will take another member of my gun club that is a CCW holder also. Maybe we can all do lunch or have a meeting befoore the hearing?

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 04:06:16 PM »
My intention is to also go and attend.

Hey, if there's a get together lunch somewhere, keep me posted!!  Love food. :P
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline WarHorse1961

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 04:27:17 PM »
I will take off work to be there but probably not speak.  I am pretty sure some other NFOA members and board members may do the same...

Ditto here. I'm a horrible public speaker, but I'll be there too.

Oh, and lunch sounds good too.

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »
I plan to be there.

Hopefully Chris will be in town for this as he is our designated official voice of NFOA on all matters, plus he's just plain good.  We will no doubt have something prepared I am sure regardless.

If any of you plan to speak, please feel free to ask for assistance in critiquing of your presentation. We all benefit from having others help us with our speeches.

It would even be a good idea to get together ahead of time with others in your area to personally give your presentations to each other. It will help you practice reading it, and give others a chance to make suggestions. Additionally, coordinating presentations ahead of time is a great benefit.

Maybe can can get a lunch organized for after the meeting. That would be great.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 09:00:07 AM »
Question: Since Carry is banned in the Capitol Building, who "holds the horses" while the rest of us fight?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Coyote Dan

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 03:00:49 PM »
Won't know for sure my schedule that day for a week or so, but if I'm free, I'll support if you need a newbie.  Let me know, I can help out some organization for something like lunch or drinks maybe too.

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 03:01:50 PM »
Today I received the following response from Sen McCoy re an LB430 e-mail that I sent to NE Senators back in January.  I am not familiar with McCoy, and so I don't know where he stands on gun-rights issues.

• Mr. YYYYYYYYY,
    Thank you for contacting me regarding LB 430. I appreciate hearing from Nebraskans how proposed legislation will affect them and I am grateful you took the time to write me and address the issues surrounding the bill.

I look forward to continuing to work with you.

Sincerely,
    Senator Beau McCoy
    39th Legislative District
    Nebraska State Legislature

402-471-2885

« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 03:03:11 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 10:48:55 PM »
I emailed Brenda Council a week ago, haven't heard a word back...

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 09:43:51 PM »
Wow!  According to the notice on the NFOA home page, the hearing is set for March 11th!!!!

Whoo-hoooo!!!  Showtime!!  :o

NFOA Board of Directors: most likely you guys are chatting about it right now, if not already done so.  any plans that y'all can share?
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2009, 11:40:54 AM »
From the NE legislative hearing schedule, it appears that LB430 is fifth on the list for Wednesday, March 11.  I wonder if they will actually get that far on the list that day, or if it will spill over into the next day:

• LB97 Lautenbaugh: Change provisions relating to foreign corporations and provisions and penalties relating to certain sex offenders
  • LB15 White: Require driver's license and Internet address information as part of sex offender
    registration
  • LB496 Fulton: Authorize enforcement of traffic control signal violations by automated traffic
    enforcement systems
  • LB671 Pirsch: Provide powers and duties and change membership of the Nebraska County Attorney
    Standards Advisory Council relating to death investigations
  • LB430 Christensen: Amend the Concealed Handgun Permit Act and state the power of cities and villages with respect to firearms

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:59:59 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline LutherRev

• NFOA Full Member
    • Lamb of God Lutheran Church
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 10:09:37 PM »
Greetings everyone. I have written to the members of the Juniciary Committee, my Senator (not a Judiciary member), the Speaker of the Unicameral, and the Governor. Below is the response of the Speaker followed by Governor Heineman.

"Dear Mr. XXXXXX

Thank you for your February 26, 2009, e-mail regarding the concealed carry law in Nebraska.  I agree with you.  The Nebraska Legislature in 2006 passed a law allowing citizens to carry concealed weapons.  The Attorney General?s Opinion clearly states that this state law preempts local ordinances. 

Senator Christensen of Imperial has introduced LB 430 to clarify the law, specifically prohibiting cities from enacting concealed weapons ordinances.  After I read the Attorney General?s Opinion, I don?t believe it is necessary.  However, if it makes it to the floor, I will vote for it because I meant when I voted in 2006 to preempt state law and make this the law of Nebraska.  I do not think a patchwork system of laws in Nebraska treat citizens fairly and believe that there should be one law across the state.

Thank you for taking the time to write me an e-mail.  I appreciate your position and share your thoughts."

Mike Flood

"Dear Mr. XXXXXXX

Thank you for your recent correspondance requesting support for LB 430, introduced by Senator Mark Christensen. As you know, LB 430 amends the Concealed Handgun Permit Act as it relates to cities. I appreciate knowing your views on the Legislation, and please know that I continue to support an individual's right to bear arms as protected by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. LB 430 has not yet been scheduled for a hearing before the Judiciary Committee.

Should LB 430 reach my desk, I will keep your support in mind. Thank you, again, for writing and sharing your views with me."

Dave Heineman

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 11:05:13 PM by LutherRev »

Offline ranger04

• Valued Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2009, 07:09:29 PM »
I plan on attending this hearing. I would like to see as many members there as possible. This is only a hurdle to get this bill passed, we need a good showing to demonstrate to these guys that we mean business and want our rights back and now. I wrote out my testimony, to use for he hearing. I would suggest that all do the same just to be prepared. I will bring a gun facts printout just in case we need it. Hope to see a bunch of people there, maybe we can all go for lunch or a beverage afterwards.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2009, 09:12:42 PM »
I can't make it on Wednesday, but if it carry's over to Thursday, I'll be there...

Offline minnowmaker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 08:15:16 PM »
Could somone please report on todays session.  Did they get to discussion on LB 430?

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2009, 08:30:18 PM »
Yes LB430 was discussed today in which two of our board members did speak at.

I was not able to make the hearing but did watch on the pod cast.
People who were present may post more information.

I thank those who attended today, finger tapping and all.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2009, 09:01:07 PM »
link to podcast????

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2009, 10:14:32 PM »

I thank those who attended today, finger tapping and all.

????
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2009, 10:46:27 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Will the hearing carry over into Thursday afternoon....or was a committee vote taken?
www.everreadyccw.com