< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 45 calendar days; UPDATE!!!  (Read 17069 times)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Re: 45 calendar days; UPDATE!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 08:52:21 PM »
While it's something to hope for, it's probably not likely in face of the fact they are over run with applications at the current fee level.  Factor in the fact that governmental fees rarely decrease, it's doubtful we'll get a break.

State of Utah just dropped their non-resident concealed firearm permit fees from $65 to $51   :-)

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 09:26:35 PM »
State of Utah just dropped their non-resident concealed firearm permit fees from $65 to $51   :-)

Just goes to show... never give up hope!   (And a lesson to me to keep my pessimism to myself!)

Offline AlanS

• Powder Benefactor
    • ShadduckPhotography.com
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 11:53:26 PM »
Thank you Andy!

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 08:38:05 AM »
59 days today.  I called for the second time at 56 and was told to give them "A couple of business days and they would take it out of the pile"  Maybe it will be here today.  Email was sent to the Ombudsman's office on the weekend, no response. 

Offline AlanS

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 09:29:48 AM »
My 45 days is tomorrow. I guess I should call them (maybe today?) to get mine pulled from "the pile" ???
59 days today.  I called for the second time at 56 and was told to give them "A couple of business days and they would take it out of the pile"  Maybe it will be here today.  Email was sent to the Ombudsman's office on the weekend, no response.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 05:18:26 PM »
I got a call from the LT Colonel in the State Patrol this afternoon.  There is general apologize all around, they admit they failed and are trying to do better.  They had 2 people involved with the processing quit at the same time etc. etc.

But the important point is they have filled the positions and are in the process of brining in part time temporary people to get this caught back up.  They do ask that if you are coming up for renewal to please file early, you can four months before your permit runs out.  They do not want anyone to get caught where due to their error they do not have a permit.  They also are starting to send out the permits at 45 days wither they have completed the processing or not, they have never done this before and are just putting things in place to get that going.

So the good news is that all of you who are overdue for your first permit you should be getting one soon, wither they have completed their processing or not.  Remember that if something shows up once they complete the checks they will be contacting you to send it back.

They will also be reviewing policies and procedures and if there is something that needs to be done Legislatively to fix this problem long term they will be contacting us to help write the bill to fix the issues.

Offline lefty

• Powder Benefactor
  • KC0DA, NRA, USAF 57-61
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 05:28:07 PM »
Thanks a million for your work AAllen!

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 07:40:22 PM »
Still nothing.  Ill call again tomorrow I guess. Maybe they'll give me my money back?  Lol

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 10:51:35 AM »
Thanks indeed,  AAllen!  Your face to face efforts with the NSP no doubt made a big difference in how this problem has been responded to.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 05:10:36 PM »
Are they only sending these out at the 45 day mark now for those that call to inquire?  I know someone who is still waiting and is over 56 days now.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2012, 08:22:27 PM »
They should be doing it for everyone, but they are just getting it started.  If the person you know does not hear anything by the end of the week let me know and I will see if I can not get someone to track it down.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 10:53:46 PM »
Fifty-four days and the meter is running on a five-day renewal.

Thought about complaining to my NE State Senator.    His name is.........

BRAD ASHFORD

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline RedNeckson

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 12:53:28 AM »
I was at 56 days when mine showed up - didn't make any calls just a couple e-mails - I would suspect that this person's will be showing up this week -- Neal
EAT THE PAIN

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 06:07:42 AM »
Direct folks to call Colonel Sankey's office and inform them that they have not been issued their permit within the proper time frame. The Colonel's office will be getting tired of those calls real quick

Offline AlanS

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 09:29:25 AM »
I called the CID office on day 44 (Thursday, April 12), date of issuance was the following Monday (day 48), received my first-time permit in the mail on day 50.

Offline JumpStart

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 03:54:06 PM »
I called on Friday the 13th day 45 was told 1-2 more weeks. Called on the 2 :laugh:0th day 52 she said was 30-50 people ahead of  give them a week our so. 

Offline red71

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 06:14:26 PM »
Fifty-four days and the meter is running on a five-day renewal.

Thought about complaining to my NE State Senator.    His name is.........

BRAD ASHFORD

My renewal got here 4 days before it expired....I thought 2.5 months would be plenty of time!

sfg

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 09:12:33 PM »
My "5-Day" CHP Renewal Came Today.............

Here's the chronology:

28 February            Turned Application In to Troop A, Omaha  [4 months before expiration]

18 April                    Called CID, Lincoln.   Talked to Very Nice Lady.    She said she'd pull my
                                application and put it on top of the pile.

25 April                    CHP Renewal Came in the Mail    A total of 58 days for
                                a 5-day renewal.    Longer than some First-Time permits.

Not sure if the phone call did any good.   Maybe.    Maybe not.

Moral:    Start Your Renewal Application at the Earliest Possible Date

sfg
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:14:47 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Shootist

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »
Went in today to file for my renewal.  They were very quick in processing me through.  The nice lady at the CID told me it should only take up to two weeks to get my renewed permit.  When I mentioned the 45+ day wait some experienced, I was told that was supposedly only for new permits.  We shall see how long it takes.

Offline predatorhunter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »
I went in to renew my permit on April 11. I received my new permit in the mail today May 1, 2012.
NRA Life Member!!!!