< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 45 calendar days; UPDATE!!!  (Read 17071 times)

Offline PhilK

• NFOA Full Member
  • xxx
Re: 45 calendar days; UPDATE!!!
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2012, 10:49:01 AM »
Renewal submitted March 6, 2012
Permit received May 1, 2012

Get those renewals in early!

Offline JumpStart

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012, 08:11:32 PM »
Got my permit today 66 days since turned in was approved and mailed on May 1st.  Feels good to finally have it. 

Offline fathertime

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2012, 09:48:47 AM »
AAllen, It was suggested I post my experiance here, that you may be doing some tracking of issues.

So my first time permit, new, hit the 47 day mark and I called the NSP.
Got a hold of someone, mabye a Nacy?, who told me it was in a ready to permit status and could be another 2-3 weeks. I mentioned that at 45 days they were to issue, I called temporary, a permit and then do the background check. She didn't seem to know anything about that and after more discussion about the law and 45 days for a new, she was gonna go have my file moved to the front of the list and put a rush on it.
Another week went by and no permit. I called again to speak to the same women who stated they were working on early march applications. I applied Mar 16th. Again I mentioned the law and she stated she did not know what the law said. I mentioned it was on the NSP website, to which she replied she is not a NSP employee. Abit more discussion and I informed her I would be escalating this to a supervisor, to which I was told she would have them work my application tomorrow (today 5/10).

So where do I take it from here?

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2012, 12:26:58 PM »
See Chris' post above....Contact COL Sankey's office today....

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2012, 02:22:53 PM »
   Well,as for me,they have about four years to get it fixed. I imagine I'll be my most charming self on day six of my renewal process wanting my permit. Whether or not my old one is expired won't be the point. The statute says after 5 days,so where is it? I lost my copy of Dale Carnegie's "How To Win Friends And Influence People".  I truly hope it gets straightened out before then, I dislike being upset. >:D  RJ

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2012, 02:56:02 PM »
And if the Colonels office doesn't seem concerned enough, then you should write the Governor's office

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2012, 05:27:48 PM »
Did anyone have any luck with the state Ombudsman?
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2012, 07:57:59 PM »
Email all three Gov., Colonel and Ombudsman. 
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline RedNeckson

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2012, 08:09:40 PM »
  I did 3 E-Mails - 1 to the Governors office, 1 to the LT. Governor and 1 to Ombudsman.
          A few days latter I received a phone call from the LT. Governor office, a few days latter my CHP showed up along with a letter from the Colonels office stating that he had received a call from the Governors office about my concern of my CHP not showing up in the legal allotted time. And then I received a e-mail from Ombudsman, I was not to impressed with the response from Ombudsman , I think I was at 56 days when I received my permit  - there you have it - Neal
EAT THE PAIN

Offline huskersforever

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »
I am 7 "calendar days" out from having mine.....sounding like it will be about 20 more days :( Will call the CID on Monday which will be 3 days before it should be in my mailbox

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2012, 09:29:57 PM »
Red, if you don't mind my asking, what was the response from the Ombudsman?  I've never heard of this office at the state level before this issue came up. 
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline penname

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2012, 11:33:01 PM »
Submitted my renewal request in Omaha April 23 and found the new permit in my home mailbox (Bellevue) today May 12. The renewal letter enclosed with the new permit was dated May 4.

Offline Howard C

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2012, 10:02:36 AM »
I’m still waiting on a first time permit. This Monday will be Day 48. I’ve called the NSP in Scottsbluff and have gotten the same song and dance that it sounds like everyone else has.

I guess I kind of look at it like Hunters Ed. I don’t mind taking the class. Let’s face it, there are people out there that shouldn’t even own a gun tell they get some instruction. But……then it should run as smooth Hunters Ed. Hunters Ed is the law and the “people” voted it into law. But it doesn’t cost to take a Hunters Ed class, and you get your card in the time frame the law states you will. (At least my kids did) And if they are so shorthanded, then they need to hire more employees. How tough is that to figure out? Where will the money come from?.....how about the tax dollars of the “people” that voted in the law. They wanted it…..have them pay for it. Who pays for Hunters Ed?

Offline Howard C

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 05:55:36 PM »
Day 48. Called the CID today. Got the same answer as I did last week. Application is approved…all they have to do is print the license. She said about another week……… :angry:

Offline Howard C

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2012, 01:16:42 PM »
Day 51 "working" days.....still no permit  :angry: :angry: :angry:

Offline RedNeckson

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »
51 "Working" days is way out of line - Have you sent any e-mails out to the Governor,Lt Governor, and Ombudsman ? I think the e-mails will get more response. - Phone calls don't seem to have as much results --- Neal
EAT THE PAIN

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2012, 02:24:17 PM »
Day 47.

I called the CID office and they are saying 2 more weeks. I politely asked about the statute, and said that I understand they are not intentionally being lazy, that I understand there has been a surge in applicants, and I am sure they are doing everything they can. She gave me a brief runaround about how blah blah blah, and I again politely referred to the statute.

I explained to her briefly about my situation in the neighborhood, and how I am witness to 2 violent, possibly gang-related, crimes and expecting a court summons. She said she would talk to her supervisor and call me back.

She called back in a couple minutes to inform me my permit will be in the mail tomorrow.

She also mentioned that they have received funding to hire temps and work Saturdays and Sundays to get caught up. Looks like all the calls to the NSP and Obudsman's office have produced some results.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:27:25 PM by wallace11bravo »

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2012, 06:31:38 PM »
Since Bruning is going to be Nebraska's Attorney General for a while...  and I'm ok with that, maybe he would be willing to take the bull by the horns and get some REAL improvements in this process.  I see no reason it should take any longer than what it takes to call in a NICS check when buying a firearm.  A 7 working-day turn around should really not be that much to ask.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Theodore

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2012, 06:58:48 PM »
Keep after them!  Be polite - know the law - insist upon your rights - don't let them give you the runaround.

Offline omaharj

• social catalyst
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2012, 07:52:54 PM »
    Has anyone gone in on day 46 and insisted they receive their permit that day? If excuses are OK and being close to the law is OK,do I get a free pass for speeding on the interstate? I know the sign says 65,but, things are kinda hectic for me lately,is 75 close enough to the law?
   I'm not suggesting people get all hardcore about it,but it sounds like people are asking,please, if it's not too much trouble,can I have my 2nd amendment rights?  I look forward to the day when our rights have a greater priority.
   Mini rant over,heheh.
    Anyway, I have years before I renew,I'm sure I won't have to walk the walk, >:D :laugh:    RJ