< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun Rally in Lincoln Jan. 19, but YOU don't have time to go.  (Read 2972 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Gun Rally in Lincoln Jan. 19, but YOU don't have time to go.
« on: January 16, 2013, 01:33:14 PM »
Listen folks, I've heard how you would like to go, want to go, or wish you could go.

I'M FED UP WITH YOUR EXCUSES!

When are you going to make your rights a priority over your in-laws coming to town, your shopping date with your wife, or your dog's vet appointment?

This assault on our rights just got real. It is time you make a stand and not just post on this forum. If half of you spent half the time you spend being a post whore on here, out actually doing what needs to be done, we won't be stopped.

Ask for a couple hours off work. Explain to your boss how important this is. Hell, ask him or her to join you. He may see that you are passionate about this, and not just another "here for the paycheck" employee.

NO MORE EXCUSES! Attend the rally, stand up for your rights! Once they are gone, we won't get them back. 

Now if anyone needs a ride from Kearney, I will be heading that way. That should eliminate some excuses that it is too far and gas is too expensive. I have room for four, requirements are you shower in the morning before the trip, no smoking in my vehicle, and be on time. I'm traveling two hours and going to spend about $80 on gas, you get a free ride. Willing to pick people up on the interstate along the way, let me know so I can schedule my trip, otherwise I ride alone.

I've heard all the excuses why you can't do this or that, and I don't believe 99% of them. Make this a priority.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Gun Rally in Lincoln Jan. 19, but YOU don't have time to go.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 01:38:06 PM »
Thanks for posting this. I agree completely. You'll have another birthday next year. Your next Saturday is only six days after the rally. You should bring to the rally whoever you're blowing us off for.  :)

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 01:53:26 PM »
I'll be there.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

A-FIXER

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:51:18 PM »
I change plans Thanks Scott, I'm Going Now....

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 11:14:07 PM »
Yoo-Rah! 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

nightraider717

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 12:04:07 AM »
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:27:41 AM by nightraider717 »

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 01:25:32 AM »
I know we can find you a ride, we need every member there we can get. Can anyone help out Nightraider?   

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 01:46:49 AM »
I can't help him, but if anyone wants to park around West Cornhusker , near Airport exit in Lincoln, I will have a 2-3 seats for heading downtown.   The Haymarket Park lot would be a perfect spot.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 06:55:18 AM »
Front steps I presume. Wish I had an NFOA sweatshirt or a coat. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Has anyone contacted local media for some publicity?
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 08:49:58 AM »
Someone told Crash Davis about the event last night on the KFAB drive time segment.  Both Crash and Scott Vorhees(?) 9 - 11 am, seem very friendly to our cause.  I think inviting them as citizens might be a good idea and we could get some positive response from them "on air" next week.  The power of the media is amazing on the public.  It would be nice if we had a little of that power on the side of good.

Anyone here care to put in an official invitation to them?

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 09:22:14 AM »
Since this isn't an official NFOA event, I don't know that an official invitation is in order.  You are right though, I would love to see them attend, and they have been supportive of our position.  I suggest people send them invitations individually.   The more exposure the better.

Offline XDHusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 09:35:28 AM »
Listen folks, I've heard how you would like to go, want to go, or wish you could go.

I'M FED UP WITH YOUR EXCUSES!

When are you going to make your rights a priority over your in-laws coming to town, your shopping date with your wife, or your dog's vet appointment?

This assault on our rights just got real. It is time you make a stand and not just post on this forum. If half of you spent half the time you spend being a post whore on here, out actually doing what needs to be done, we won't be stopped.

Ask for a couple hours off work. Explain to your boss how important this is. Hell, ask him or her to join you. He may see that you are passionate about this, and not just another "here for the paycheck" employee.

NO MORE EXCUSES! Attend the rally, stand up for your rights! Once they are gone, we won't get them back. 

Now if anyone needs a ride from Kearney, I will be heading that way. That should eliminate some excuses that it is too far and gas is too expensive. I have room for four, requirements are you shower in the morning before the trip, no smoking in my vehicle, and be on time. I'm traveling two hours and going to spend about $80 on gas, you get a free ride. Willing to pick people up on the interstate along the way, let me know so I can schedule my trip, otherwise I ride alone.

I've heard all the excuses why you can't do this or that, and I don't believe 99% of them. Make this a priority.

Well said.  I was one that didn't have time.  I just changed a couple meetings around and will be going now.
I stand with you brother!
USN 91-97, USS Chandler DDG-996

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline Hermit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »
Well said.  I was already thinking about going, now I'm going for sure.  I'm coming from Omaha, I can take one more (two if the person doesn't mind folding into the back of my Mustang).  I live in the Benson-ish area, I can pick people up.  (message me or email or whatever) No smoking in the car.  Not being terribly familiar with the area around the capital building, where is the best place to park?

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 10:40:51 AM »
I just caught the last couple of minutes, but I think Scott Vorhees just gave away three new guns on KFAB.  Both Scott and Crash Davis need to be involved in this if possible.  They both have been very pro 2A on their shows 9am - 11am, and 4pm - 6:30 pm.

From the prior post, I think it might be a good idea just to call the show and try to do an on air invitation to both the hosts and the listeners of KFAB, who knows how many more people might hear that and come to join us.

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 04:18:32 PM »
I'm going.  Just haven't replied yet to all the people who invited me on facebook.   :D

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »
Crash may be busy with the Big Bucks Classic that is going on this weekend as well, but it wouldn' t surprise me at all if he's going to the rally in Iowa, since he lives there.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline wusker

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »
I have taken tomorrow off to go to Omaha and get some NFOA T-shirts with my wife, So what im saying is I am taking orders. Whoever needs NFOA T-shirts PM me, and I will pick them up tomorrow from RLMoeller's

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 05:39:46 PM »
Wusker, you're a good man.

Thanks for your hard work.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline rempe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 05:59:59 PM »
See ya there!
"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American peoples liberty teeth....The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” ? George Washington

Offline SBarry

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 08:37:05 PM »
Good job guys, makes me proud to see you putting this first.

I still have one empty seat from Kearney to Lincoln. I'm picking up three people in GI. Don't make me clean my pickup out for nothing.

Lean hard on those who might want to go.